Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Tue 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I can also imagine her grabbing onto him and refusing to let go. He'd break her heart. :lol:
Then she would say "Nooooooooooo, Johnny! :(
:lol:[/quote]
Oh gosh, Amy, that's perfect. :lol: I'm so glad I remembered this story last night.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:I can also imagine her grabbing onto him and refusing to let go. He'd break her heart. :lol:
Amy wrote:Then she would say "Nooooooooooo, Johnny! :(
:lol:
Oh gosh, Amy, that's perfect. :lol: I'm so glad I remembered this story last night.
Thank you! I'm glad you remembered it too ~ but I just hope I control myself this Friday ~ one of my students is named....Johnny :lol:

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Tue 20, 2011 9:14 pm

:lol: Uh oh, you'll have to report back on how it goes! ;)
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sun 02, 2011 11:34 am

leblanan wrote:One of the best quotes I've heard, while riding a mostly empty bus to Epcot, a kid at the back won't sit down after repeated comments from his parents. Finally the dad announces quite loudly. "when we get there, we're mailing you back to Grandma's". Two seconds later the bus driver had to hit the breaks hard, and the kid went flying. Burst into tears immediately. Dad slowly got up picked the kid up and said "yea cause no one saw that coming"


Thats too funny. Maybe the parents need a refresher course in parenting. :wink:
Image

mills10
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Posts: 85
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by mills10 » Jan Sun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

While on the CP I worked at Typhoon Lagoon. The Park Map has both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon on it. If you open the map like normal Blizzard Beach is on the front and Typhoon is on the back. So we as cm would have to tell people all the time to flip the map over. The best was when guests would be looking at the Blizzard Beach side and point to something on the map and head on in a certain direction 100% certain they were going to find the water slide they were looking for even though they were in the wrong park. So not something really overheard, but still pretty funny.

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 125
Joined: Aug Fri 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Feb Sun 05, 2012 11:23 am

I've heard a lot of funny things over the years, but can't remember a lot off the top of my head. Here are the ones that immediately come to mind:

A father says to his child, re: one of the Fantasia broomsticks in the MK 3pm parade a few years back: "See that? That's the Beast!" :?

A man with a group of people and their children, clearly looking burnt out on Disney, was in the same monorail cab as us riding back to the TTC after a long EMH night in MK. He was asked by another adult what park he was going to the next day. His response, which got progressively louder and more anxiety-filled was: "Where am I going? Where am I going? I'm going to the BAR!" :lol:

And one of my fave lines was a snarky joke by my dad during Turtle Talk with Crush. Crush asks a little girl or boy "What do humans eat?" My dad mutters very quietly "Turtles." Cue Crush who yells out "Hang on just a second [talking to the child]. Dude, we do NOT eat turtles! ...pause... Don't make me call security!" Somehow just about everyone turns around and looks at my dad and is busting out laughing. I was laughing so hard, I was practically crying, and some of the poor children up front looked utterly bewildered. I still don't know how Crush or the people in the audience away from us heard him.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 05, 2012 11:47 am

SorcererDonald16 wrote:...And one of my fave lines was a snarky joke by my dad during Turtle Talk with Crush. Crush asks a little girl or boy "What do humans eat?" My dad mutters very quietly "Turtles." Cue Crush who yells out "Hang on just a second [talking to the child]. Dude, we do NOT eat turtles! ...pause... Don't make me call security!" Somehow just about everyone turns around and looks at my dad and is busting out laughing. I was laughing so hard, I was practically crying, and some of the poor children up front looked utterly bewildered. I still don't know how Crush or the people in the audience away from us heard him.
Turtles have excellent hearing ;)
That is too funny :lol:

jeremyleo
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Posts: 89
Joined: Sep Wed 06, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Canada's Capital City

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by jeremyleo » Feb Mon 13, 2012 11:20 am

On a solo trip (couple of extra days tagged on to a conference), I was on a bus on the way to Epcot. The driver, using the bus mic, began announcing pieces of Disney trivia to the passangers - in French. I was impressed (being Canadaian and somewhat bilingual myself) however a family sitting at the front were apparently not. The father stated, loud enough for the the entire bus to hear, "What kind of language is that? Why don't you just speak American!".
Can't get back to WDW soon enought, but alas, no immediate plans...

mills10
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Posts: 85
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by mills10 » Feb Mon 13, 2012 11:40 am

One time on a day off when I was working at Typhoon Lagoon I took my then fiancée to the park. While there she scraped her knee kind of bad on the bottom of the lazy river. We went the first aid station to get a band-aid. There was a kid at the first aid station already who was crying a screaming like crazy. Apparently he was in the wave pool and got knocked over by the huge wave and his back got scraped REALLY BAD. As the nurse was taking care of it the kid through his sobs said, "I hate Disney World!" We tried not to bust up laughing, because we knew it more then likely wasn't true. It was pretty funny, and don't worry he was fine; we saw him running around later that day with a smile on his face like nothing happened.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 13, 2012 11:51 am

jeremyleo wrote:On a solo trip (couple of extra days tagged on to a conference), I was on a bus on the way to Epcot. The driver, using the bus mic, began announcing pieces of Disney trivia to the passangers - in French. I was impressed (being Canadaian and somewhat bilingual myself) however a family sitting at the front were apparently not. The father stated, loud enough for the the entire bus to hear, "What kind of language is that? Why don't you just speak American!".
That would be sort of fun to hear trivia in different languages. What did the bus driver do?
mills10 wrote:One time on a day off when I was working at Typhoon Lagoon I took my then fiancée to the park. While there she scraped her knee kind of bad on the bottom of the lazy river. We went the first aid station to get a band-aid. There was a kid at the first aid station already who was crying a screaming like crazy. Apparently he was in the wave pool and got knocked over by the huge wave and his back got scraped REALLY BAD. As the nurse was taking care of it the kid through his sobs said, "I hate Disney World!" We tried not to bust up laughing, because we knew it more then likely wasn't true. It was pretty funny, and don't worry he was fine; we saw him running around later that day with a smile on his face like nothing happened.
Kids bounce back quickly. Glad you saw him later in the day having fun :D

jeremyleo
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Posts: 89
Joined: Sep Wed 06, 2006 8:13 am
Location: Canada's Capital City

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by jeremyleo » Feb Mon 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Amy wrote:
jeremyleo wrote:On a solo trip (couple of extra days tagged on to a conference), I was on a bus on the way to Epcot. The driver, using the bus mic, began announcing pieces of Disney trivia to the passangers - in French. I was impressed (being Canadaian and somewhat bilingual myself) however a family sitting at the front were apparently not. The father stated, loud enough for the the entire bus to hear, "What kind of language is that? Why don't you just speak American!".
That would be sort of fun to hear trivia in different languages. What did the bus driver do?
The bus driver rolled with it and kept on going. I thanked him with a "Merci beaucoups" as I exited the bus to let him know I appreciated it.
Can't get back to WDW soon enought, but alas, no immediate plans...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Mon 13, 2012 9:35 pm

jeremyleo wrote:On a solo trip (couple of extra days tagged on to a conference), I was on a bus on the way to Epcot. The driver, using the bus mic, began announcing pieces of Disney trivia to the passangers - in French. I was impressed (being Canadaian and somewhat bilingual myself) however a family sitting at the front were apparently not. The father stated, loud enough for the the entire bus to hear, "What kind of language is that? Why don't you just speak American!".
Oh wow, typical American... :roll: :lol: That's funny. Sometimes guests just really push it with their comments. :lol:
Image

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 129
Joined: Feb Thu 23, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Sun 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Ok, here is mine :D

We were in the line of Tower of Terror, outside in the garden where you can see and hear the people at the top and there was a family in front of us. We could listen to the conservation between the two kids, a girl which was around 17 and a boy which I guess was 8.

Girl: Have you ever been on this ride?
Boy: No!
Girl: Do you know what will happen?
Boy: No!
Girl: Are you scared?
Boy: No!
Girl: Well, you better should be!

Man, you should have seen the look on the face of the boy. It was a mix of panic and fear.


Its always very interesting when I listen to other germans in the parks and they think no one does understand what they are saying.
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:Ok, here is mine :D
We were in the line of Tower of Terror, outside in the garden where you can see and hear the people at the top and there was a family in front of us. We could listen to the conservation between the two kids, a girl which was around 17 and a boy which I guess was 8.
Girl: Have you ever been on this ride?
Boy: No!
Girl: Do you know what will happen?
Boy: No!
Girl: Are you scared?
Boy: No!
Girl: Well, you better should be!
Man, you should have seen the look on the face of the boy. It was a mix of panic and fear.
Its always very interesting when I listen to other germans in the parks and they think no one does understand what they are saying.
That is funny Epcotmaniac :lol: I often wish I could speak another language fluently. Sometimes you see the facial expressions of the people having a conversation and just know it is something good ;)

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 234
Joined: Jan Wed 11, 2012 7:00 pm
Location: Way Too Far From Disney (New Hampshire)

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Sun 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Amy wrote:
Epcotmaniac wrote:Ok, here is mine :D
We were in the line of Tower of Terror, outside in the garden where you can see and hear the people at the top and there was a family in front of us. We could listen to the conservation between the two kids, a girl which was around 17 and a boy which I guess was 8.
Girl: Have you ever been on this ride?
Boy: No!
Girl: Do you know what will happen?
Boy: No!
Girl: Are you scared?
Boy: No!
Girl: Well, you better should be!
Man, you should have seen the look on the face of the boy. It was a mix of panic and fear.
Its always very interesting when I listen to other germans in the parks and they think no one does understand what they are saying.
That is funny Epcotmaniac :lol: I often wish I could speak another language fluently. Sometimes you see the facial expressions of the people having a conversation and just know it is something good ;)
I'm personally a fan of those moments where people are speaking in another language and then someone randomly throws out an English phrase that piques your curiosity even more...
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Post Reply