Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 11, 2011 10:32 pm

NaCler wrote:I had one of these moments riding back on the bus to our resort with a bunch of teenagers at 1:30am after Night of Joy.

One young lady, probably around 16/17 was talking to her youth leader or chaperone and she asked her what she thought of the Haunted Mansion. After the older lady said that she thought it was kind of cheesy, the youth then says, yeah, it needs some updating. They should probably do what they did with Jack Sparrow on the Pirates of Caribbean ride and add Eddie Murphy to the ride to the Mansion! She was SERIOUS!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh no! :shock: I hope there were no Disney execs around!!

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 133
Joined: Jan Sat 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by wxwiz » Sep Mon 12, 2011 1:53 am

I can just see an Animatronic/autonomatronic Eddie Murphy now.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 303
Joined: Aug Tue 19, 2008 12:40 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by leblanan » Sep Mon 12, 2011 8:20 am

One of the best quotes I've heard, while riding a mostly empty bus to Epcot, a kid at the back won't sit down after repeated comments from his parents. Finally the dad announces quite loudly. "when we get there, we're mailing you back to Grandma's". Two seconds later the bus driver had to hit the breaks hard, and the kid went flying. Burst into tears immediately. Dad slowly got up picked the kid up and said "yea cause no one saw that coming"
"now, bring me that horizon"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Thu 15, 2011 1:42 am

NaCler wrote:I had one of these moments riding back on the bus to our resort with a bunch of teenagers at 1:30am after Night of Joy.

One young lady, probably around 16/17 was talking to her youth leader or chaperone and she asked her what she thought of the Haunted Mansion. After the older lady said that she thought it was kind of cheesy, the youth then says, yeah, it needs some updating. They should probably do what they did with Jack Sparrow on the Pirates of Caribbean ride and add Eddie Murphy to the ride to the Mansion! She was SERIOUS!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much as I do love the movie (yes, I do, you all may laugh if you want), I don't want to see Eddie Murphy in the ride... :shock:
Image

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by mindflipper » Sep Thu 15, 2011 8:36 am

Don't forget there's ANOTHER Haunted Mansion movie in the works - so, who knows, they might just update the HM if that one proves to be as popular at the POTC series of films....

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3696
Joined: Jul Sun 06, 2008 7:23 pm
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 15, 2011 11:33 am

leblanan wrote:...Two seconds later the bus driver had to hit the breaks hard, and the kid went flying. Burst into tears immediately. Dad slowly got up picked the kid up and said "yea cause no one saw that coming"
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's: $100

Bus trip to the parks: free

Poetic Justice: priceless! :lol:

(legal disclaimer: I'm glad the kid wasn't seriously hurt.... I wouldn't joke about it if he was. :wink: )

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 303
Joined: Aug Tue 19, 2008 12:40 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by leblanan » Sep Sun 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
leblanan wrote:...Two seconds later the bus driver had to hit the breaks hard, and the kid went flying. Burst into tears immediately. Dad slowly got up picked the kid up and said "yea cause no one saw that coming"
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's: $100

Bus trip to the parks: free

Poetic Justice: priceless! :lol:

(legal disclaimer: I'm glad the kid wasn't seriously hurt.... I wouldn't joke about it if he was. :wink: )
Same with me. I wouldn't have posted it as a funny quote had the kid been hurt.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Mon 19, 2011 10:30 pm

One time when riding PotC, there was a group from Germany seated on the row behind us. They had been talking a bit loudly (but not too terrible) behind us in line. When we got on the boat, one of the ladies pulled out a video camera to film the ride. Between the group talking about the ride in German, every time the lady with the camera saw Johnny Depp, she would go "Oooooooh Jooooooohnnyyyyyyyyy" in a seductive voice. :lol: My husband and I kept looking at each other trying not to crack up and now one of us always says it whenever we go on the ride or watch movies with him in it.

_____________________________________________________________________

My husband and I collect a Disney plush as a souvenir for each trip we take and bring them back each trip to decorate our hotel room. Last trip, we got a Perry doll because we had just fallen in love with Phineas and Ferb. We waited until late in the day at HS so we wouldn't have to carry him around long, but ended up with about 30 minutes to spare before we needed to leave for our dining reservation, so we decided to head over to ToT/RnRC for a few more rides. Of course I didn't want to leave him in the bag, so I carried him around in my arm. Watching kids' faces light up while saying " :D Perry!!!!" was so sweet (I wonder how many started bugging their parents to buy them one afterwards :lol: ). But one lady's reaction was priceless - she looked at me for a second trying to figure out what I had, then chuckled and said "Huh, she has a beaver." I guess she never figured out why I was carrying around a beaver. :lol:

A bit off topic, but we took Perry on ToT several times after that and had fun with him in the picture. I would always hold him (tightly) in the picture (of course I was always very mindful not to block anyone else's view or face in case they wanted to buy the picture). It was fun experimenting with the angle to hold him towards the camera so that you could actually see and recognize him - much harder than I thought it would be! I also thought it was amusing that we rode about 7 times with Perry, but only one time did any other guests ever notice what we were doing.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Mon 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh, there you are Perry!!! :mrgreen: (we always say that when we see a kid wearing a Perry shirt...)
That is hysterical!!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Mon 19, 2011 11:52 pm

GAH, all you people getting a Perry... I searched everywhere in September for one. None to be found!! :(
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 20, 2011 6:21 am

Oooooo, Johnny! Now I'll have to say that the next time I ride Pirates :lol:

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Tue 20, 2011 8:40 am

Soarin08 wrote:GAH, all you people getting a Perry... I searched everywhere in September for one. None to be found!! :(
I found him over in the Animation Courtyard at HS. They were selling him at a cart full of PaF merchandise. But when I got home, I found him online for much cheaper than I bought him at the parks. I think I paid $20-25 for the same doll that's on disneystore.com for $16. :roll:
http://www.disneystore.com/plush-toys-t ... 2/1000267/
Amy wrote:Oooooo, Johnny! Now I'll have to say that the next time I ride Pirates
:lol: I wondered if she might hop of the boat to go be with Johnny. Have to check if he's real or not. ;) I would have loved to see her meet the Jack Sparrow face character. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 20, 2011 11:36 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:...
Amy wrote:Oooooo, Johnny! Now I'll have to say that the next time I ride Pirates
:lol: I wondered if she might hop of the boat to go be with Johnny. Have to check if he's real or not. ;) I would have loved to see her meet the Jack Sparrow face character. :lol:
I'm guessing she would have been absolutely speechless :shock:

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Tue 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:...
Amy wrote:Oooooo, Johnny! Now I'll have to say that the next time I ride Pirates
:lol: I wondered if she might hop of the boat to go be with Johnny. Have to check if he's real or not. ;) I would have loved to see her meet the Jack Sparrow face character. :lol:
I'm guessing she would have been absolutely speechless :shock:
I can also imagine her grabbing onto him and refusing to let go. He'd break her heart. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Amy wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:...
Amy wrote:Oooooo, Johnny! Now I'll have to say that the next time I ride Pirates
:lol: I wondered if she might hop of the boat to go be with Johnny. Have to check if he's real or not. ;) I would have loved to see her meet the Jack Sparrow face character. :lol:
I'm guessing she would have been absolutely speechless :shock:
Polynesian Princess wrote:I can also imagine her grabbing onto him and refusing to let go. He'd break her heart. :lol:
Then she would say "Nooooooooooo, Johnny! :(
:lol:

Post Reply