Favorite Quotes Overheard from other Visitors

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

chief0staph
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by chief0staph » Sep Sat 13, 2008 6:21 pm

once while working at the Mansion a guest asked me where he could get a beer. I informed him that there were many places around epcot, DHS, and DAK where he could get a beer, but that MK did not have any alcohol. He looked at me rather bewildered and quipped "Where's the magic in that?"
-you're going to have to make it a bit bigger; they've actually got them here. And they're not made of plastic - Eddie Izzard

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Sat 13, 2010 3:23 am

Ok, I'm reviving this topic...

I know this isn't the funniest thing I've heard, but for some reason, I feel compelled to share:

We were standing near the ticket booths at DL waiting to check in for the D23 party, when all of a sudden we heard this woman yelling at her kids. The next thing we heard was (not verbatim, but you get the point) 'if you two don't cut it out, I'm gonna f*!% you up!'...nothing says welcome to Disneyland like loud profanity... :shock: :roll:

When I think of some others I've heard, I'll post them...

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Sat 13, 2010 5:40 am

When I worked castle shows back in the late 90s, I was setting up for the next show out in the breezeway (this was when they just used a rope to section off the breezeway rather than shutting it down entirely for shows.) A guest walked up to the rope and got my attention, asking what I will always consider the best guest question I ever got.

"Is this the castle"?

:roll: We were standing inside the castle! I had to bite my tongue so hard not to say something smart. Same goes for the guest who asked me how to get to Tower of Terror. (But I blame Disney for that - the advertising implies it's one giant park.) That guest didn't like my answer about leaving the park, taking the monorail back to the TTC and catching a bus to the Studios.

As a regular guest I once overheard someone complaining in the AK about how Disney had really "let things go", referring to the crumbling architecture in the Africa section of the park. :D I wanted to yell at them that it was built to look like that on purpose!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sat 13, 2010 8:48 am

I did over hear a woman tell her husband: "We're at Disney! Quit acting so childish!"
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Mar Sun 14, 2010 3:00 pm

One time we were walking through Adventureland and a small boy about 6 or 7 and his mother were walking in front of us. I heard him say, “Wow mom, Walt Disney really thought of all this?â€
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Sun 14, 2010 3:33 pm

I was walking through Animation Courtyard (DHS) in my Gangster costume when I was still working GMR when I overheard 3 (I can't think of a word to type that won't get me in trouble that can describe girls/teens who listen to pop music and are really, really, really into that kind of music...) girls who were asking, very loudly to no one in particular, where Expedition Everst was. Of course, they flag me down (the one dressed in a full suit, fedora and spats) and not the 15 CMs in red with nametags. I told them it was at Animal Kingdom. They looked at me like I had 2 heads and 3 extra appendages. They had no clue that they were in D-MGM Studios (back then it was still MGM) and that they were looking at an Animal Kingdom map. I tried telling them in the nicest way I could (GMR Gangsters don't have to be all Disney happy) that they were in the wrong park. What fun being a Gangster was!!!
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sun 14, 2010 4:32 pm

MadEye wrote:I was walking through Animation Courtyard (DHS) in my Gangster costume when I was still working GMR when I overheard 3 (I can't think of a word to type that won't get me in trouble that can describe girls/teens who listen to pop music and are really, really, really into that kind of music...) girls who were asking, very loudly to no one in particular, where Expedition Everst was. Of course, they flag me down (the one dressed in a full suit, fedora and spats) and not the 15 CMs in red with nametags. I told them it was at Animal Kingdom. They looked at me like I had 2 heads and 3 extra appendages. They had no clue that they were in D-MGM Studios (back then it was still MGM) and that they were looking at an Animal Kingdom map. I tried telling them in the nicest way I could (GMR Gangsters don't have to be all Disney happy) that they were in the wrong park. What fun being a Gangster was!!!
LOL!! We had a parent from my DS school go down to WDW and only go to the MK. She thought that was Disney and the other parks where a different company!

MintJulepRoo

Post by MintJulepRoo » Mar Sun 14, 2010 7:30 pm

MadEye wrote:
I was walking through Animation Courtyard (DHS) in my Gangster costume when I was still working GMR when I overheard 3 (I can't think of a word to type that won't get me in trouble that can describe girls/teens who listen to pop music and are really, really, really into that kind of music...) girls who were asking, very loudly to no one in particular, where Expedition Everst was. Of course, they flag me down (the one dressed in a full suit, fedora and spats) and not the 15 CMs in red with nametags. I told them it was at Animal Kingdom. They looked at me like I had 2 heads and 3 extra appendages. They had no clue that they were in D-MGM Studios (back then it was still MGM) and that they were looking at an Animal Kingdom map. I tried telling them in the nicest way I could (GMR Gangsters don't have to be all Disney happy) that they were in the wrong park. What fun being a Gangster was!!!

LOL!! We had a parent from my DS school go down to WDW and only go to the MK. She thought that was Disney and the other parks where a different company!
It is truly amazing how people don't do ANY research before going...Whats the point in going if you don't have a clue!!?? :D
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Sun 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: LOL!! We had a parent from my DS school go down to WDW and only go to the MK. She thought that was Disney and the other parks where a different company!
Yep. Happens all the time.
― Dr. Seuss

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Sun 14, 2010 8:43 pm

MintJulepRoo wrote:It is truly amazing how people don't do ANY research before going...Whats the point in going if you don't have a clue!!?? :D
Hey, the less other guests know what the heck they are doing, the better for the rest of us!!!
― Dr. Seuss

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Sun 14, 2010 10:06 pm

This last week my husband and I were walking out of Epcot and we heard a little girl talking to her father as she saw the ball, probably for the first time:

Girl: Wooooah! Dad - is that the size of Mercury?
Dad: Nooo, Mercury is probably the size of the whole state of Florida.
Girl: Oh, so is it the size of Earth?
Dad: ... No, everything around you is Earth.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Mar Mon 15, 2010 7:50 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I did over hear a woman tell her husband: "We're at Disney! Quit acting so childish!"
Was the woman by chance your wife?

On a similar note, I hear that quote all the time...about acting so childish, not the we're at Disney (though I wish I did).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Mon 15, 2010 10:25 am

On our past trip DH and I witnessed a dad having a break down, apparently his wife and two small children wanted to go into more of the shops on Main St. and we heard the dad saying "I didn't come to Disney World to go shopping I want to ride the rides!!!" We thought it was pretty funny!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Mon 15, 2010 10:34 am

It's always better to hit the stores on Main Street on the way out anyway. Who wants to lug around bag(s) of souvenirs and stuff all day long from one ride to another? :mickey:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 15, 2010 10:48 am

agingerbugg wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I did over hear a woman tell her husband: "We're at Disney! Quit acting so childish!"
Was the woman by chance your wife?

On a similar note, I hear that quote all the time...about acting so childish, not the we're at Disney (though I wish I did).

No it wasn't!! :P