Toy Story Midway Mania

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 133
Joined: Jan Sat 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Toy Story Midway Mania

Post by wxwiz » Jun Thu 12, 2008 12:41 am

I know it doesn't open until next week, but did any AP holders win a chance to get a preview of it this week? How was it?

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 232
Joined: May Thu 29, 2008 10:53 am

Post by HakuOni » Jun Thu 12, 2008 1:56 am

i saw it on youtube and it really looks exciting. i cant wait to go actually ride the ride. :D
have a magical day everyone!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 12, 2008 2:22 am

I have yet to see videos on the ride but I saw a video of the Mr. Potato Head outside the ride. It was pretty amusing.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4924
Joined: Feb Thu 12, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Post by subsonic » Jun Thu 12, 2008 11:06 am

I wonder how long I'd be willing to wait to ride this. I hope it pulls the lines away from Nemo when I go in 2 weeks. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 12, 2008 1:49 pm

subsonic wrote:I wonder how long I'd be willing to wait to ride this. I hope it pulls the lines away from Nemo when I go in 2 weeks. :)
I went on Tuesday and I actually waited about an hour before closing and the lines weren't so bad to go on Nemo. I think I'd do that again since it's a lot easier that way.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 559
Joined: May Mon 22, 2006 3:21 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by danimal3114u » Jun Fri 13, 2008 10:02 am

elizabethswann wrote:
subsonic wrote:I wonder how long I'd be willing to wait to ride this. I hope it pulls the lines away from Nemo when I go in 2 weeks. :)
I went on Tuesday and I actually waited about an hour before closing and the lines weren't so bad to go on Nemo. I think I'd do that again since it's a lot easier that way.
If you time it right, you also get the band playing at Tomorrowland Terrace when you're in line, and it makes the whole experience pretty pleasant :).

I don't remember Buzz's lines ever being longer than 45 minutes. Granted, I don't know if Midway Mania boards in the same fashion, but I imagine that they would try to model it after Buzz (volume wise at least). Hopefully it will be a quick ride. I'm also hoping it'll pull some line from Screamin', although it will probably add to it, being in the same area.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Fri 13, 2008 4:23 pm

danimal3114u wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:
subsonic wrote:I wonder how long I'd be willing to wait to ride this. I hope it pulls the lines away from Nemo when I go in 2 weeks. :)
I went on Tuesday and I actually waited about an hour before closing and the lines weren't so bad to go on Nemo. I think I'd do that again since it's a lot easier that way.
If you time it right, you also get the band playing at Tomorrowland Terrace when you're in line, and it makes the whole experience pretty pleasant :).

I don't remember Buzz's lines ever being longer than 45 minutes. Granted, I don't know if Midway Mania boards in the same fashion, but I imagine that they would try to model it after Buzz (volume wise at least). Hopefully it will be a quick ride. I'm also hoping it'll pull some line from Screamin', although it will probably add to it, being in the same area.
I actually did that once! I was standing in line listening to them playing 80s music and another time I was in line for Autopia and heard them playing. That was pretty good. :)

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 654
Joined: Jun Mon 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by metsofny » Jun Sat 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Is this going to be the same in the 2 parks? I'm looking forward to it.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 559
Joined: May Mon 22, 2006 3:21 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by danimal3114u » Jun Mon 16, 2008 9:56 am

metsofny wrote:Is this going to be the same in the 2 parks? I'm looking forward to it.
I believe so. They should basically be the exact same rides.

theCaptain
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
Posts: 10
Joined: May Sun 14, 2006 1:34 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Contact:

Post by theCaptain » Jun Wed 18, 2008 4:15 am

good article about it on the LA Times site:
http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fi ... ?track=rss

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2561
Joined: Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.......

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jun Wed 18, 2008 11:31 am

My brother was standing in line for about 4-5 hours yesterday for the opening. The line was about 60 minutes for the end of the first queue (the normal queue) to the front, then they had 2 more switch backs one at the Ariels Princess Celebration, and the other by the Wharf. Each switch back added about 45 minutes to the line, then you have to add in the distance between each section. The only thing I can say is I can't wait until I get out there next month.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 430
Joined: Jun Sun 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by disneylandmom » Jun Wed 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:My brother was standing in line for about 4-5 hours yesterday for the opening. The line was about 60 minutes for the end of the first queue (the normal queue) to the front, then they had 2 more switch backs one at the Ariels Princess Celebration, and the other by the Wharf. Each switch back added about 45 minutes to the line, then you have to add in the distance between each section. The only thing I can say is I can't wait until I get out there next month.
What was his opinion of the ride? Did he feel it was worth the wait?

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 132
Joined: Sep Wed 05, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM

Post by bluebayougirl » Jun Wed 18, 2008 4:45 pm

I saw a Disney 365 preview of this ride the other day. I have to say that I was a little dissapointed. It looks alot like the buzz lightyear ride with but with different Toy Story characters and instead of shooting targets, you shoot balloons and rings. I was hoping for a little more imagination on this one. :( - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2561
Joined: Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.......

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jun Fri 20, 2008 12:22 pm

disneylandmom wrote: What was his opinion of the ride? Did he feel it was worth the wait?
Unfortunately He got to the 60 minutes left point and then the ride broke down. He stuck around for a long while and moved a little more but he had to be out of the Parks and back on the road REALLY soon, so he gave up. I felt so sorry for him, waiting in that line for all that time and then having nothing to show for it. So I can't tell you how it was, because he couldn't tell me. He did get to hang around the Mr. Potato Head character for a long time, and he said that was AWESOME!!!!
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 129
Joined: Jun Tue 26, 2007 9:30 am
Location: Sacramento, CA

Post by mommyfor2 » Jun Mon 23, 2008 2:15 pm

My cousin is a castmember at Disneyland, and he said that Toy Story Mania was alright, but not really worth a 60 min or longer wait in line. Hopefully the line won't be as long when we take our kids at the end of September. :mickey:

"Remember Dreams Really Do Come True" :mickey:

Post Reply