Nicholas Cage wants "National Treasure" ride

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Posts: 4727
Joined: Aug Wed 25, 2004 1:06 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Post by js3901 » Oct Wed 29, 2008 10:23 pm

hunter88 wrote:Chesire cat has something goin here build like a indiana jones ride under the halll of presidents with nicholas cage as your guide to find the city of gold and you are on the run from that mitch guy who is trying to to get the treasure before us and "harm us". that might do for a very sucessful ride like the Pirates Movies helped out with the Pirates rides
the problem there is that the Utilidors are under the HoP, and below that you get into the florida water table (it's only about 2 feet under the surface). so building anything under anything down there wouldn't work too well, or wouldn't be safe enough to run...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mar Sat 31, 2007 1:56 am
Location: The lost city of Atlanta

Post by DisBeamer » Oct Wed 29, 2008 11:03 pm

The concept of an adventure ride under HoP is kind of cool though, engineering logistics aside. Is your attraction boring? Stuff something exciting underneath it! :lol:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Wed 10, 2008 8:48 pm

I'd love to see an NT attraction in Liberty Square or over near the American Adventure. Those movies are fantastic but they don't seem to get very much recognition.
Image

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1178
Joined: Apr Thu 13, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: No where in particular (okay...Massachusetts)

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Dec Thu 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Well I think the solution to building too much under LS is just make it a tunnel that runs someplace far away to some show building a la Space Mountain. The problem is that's major construction and disruptive to the whole of LS and maybe even FL. It seems doable though, IoA is doing something similar where they've pretty much cut off 1/2 of the Lost Continent to build a Harry Potter ride. The entrance to Dueling Dragons is now some little hole in the wall over by Jurassic Park.

I personally would build it in Disney Studios though, I'm sure all those under-used or unused studio warehouses could make way for it.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Posts: 4727
Joined: Aug Wed 25, 2004 1:06 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Post by js3901 » Dec Thu 11, 2008 6:30 pm

the problem with digging in FL is that within 2 feet, the water table starts. so building a tunnel underground is nearly impossible where WDW sits.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1178
Joined: Apr Thu 13, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: No where in particular (okay...Massachusetts)

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Dec Fri 12, 2008 9:01 am

js3901 wrote:the problem with digging in FL is that within 2 feet, the water table starts. so building a tunnel underground is nearly impossible where WDW sits.
I thought Space Mountain used an underground tunnel? Or does it just burrow through the berm?

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Posts: 4727
Joined: Aug Wed 25, 2004 1:06 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Post by js3901 » Dec Sat 13, 2008 10:53 am

Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:
js3901 wrote:the problem with digging in FL is that within 2 feet, the water table starts. so building a tunnel underground is nearly impossible where WDW sits.
I thought Space Mountain used an underground tunnel? Or does it just burrow through the berm?
the entire magic kingdom park (where all the guests are) is actually the second and third floors. the Utilidor system is actually built on ground level, there was no digging involved. Unless they found a way to drain all the ground water before Space Mountain was put in, I don't believe there's a tunnel under there...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1178
Joined: Apr Thu 13, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: No where in particular (okay...Massachusetts)

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Dec Mon 15, 2008 11:29 am

js3901 wrote:
Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:
js3901 wrote:the problem with digging in FL is that within 2 feet, the water table starts. so building a tunnel underground is nearly impossible where WDW sits.
I thought Space Mountain used an underground tunnel? Or does it just burrow through the berm?
the entire magic kingdom park (where all the guests are) is actually the second and third floors. the Utilidor system is actually built on ground level, there was no digging involved. Unless they found a way to drain all the ground water before Space Mountain was put in, I don't believe there's a tunnel under there...
Well there's an "underground" tunnel, but I think the ground it's under is a berm that's been built. Space Mountain is actually on the outside of railroad track, that's why the entrance and exit tunnels are sloped so funky and are so long.

keneka
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 185
Joined: May Sat 03, 2008 2:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by keneka » Apr Sun 19, 2009 3:56 am

i think is would be a nice addition to both mgm and california adventure. mgm really needs a new ride about movies - the abc hasn't been really used for years and sounds dangerous is a bit of a poor show so maybe by using this space they could come up with a new ride or show (I know its similar to indiana jones but I still think it would be great in the parks)

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 135
Joined: Mar Thu 19, 2009 1:13 am
Location: Canon City, Co

Post by napastoy » Apr Sun 19, 2009 4:28 am

Yes, do it! Hopefully it would stop him from making another bad movie in between the National Treasures appearances.

I also request Sean Bean (Boromir in LOTR) from the 1st NT movie, be on hand for the opening ceremony. Gotta give my LOTR guys some love. :mickey:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by momeja » Apr Sun 19, 2009 10:54 am

Soarin08 wrote:I'd love to see an NT attraction in Liberty Square or over near the American Adventure. Those movies are fantastic but they don't seem to get very much recognition.
I agree, but it's hard to conceptualize it. Indiana Jones at WDW? A lot of the movie is based in the present and doesn't really lend itself to the kind of imaginative stuff that marks most of the rides. It would also date very fast.

Maybe a Timekeeper ride just for the American experience, since that's most of what the movies are about? Sort of a "Nicholas Cage meets the Time Bandits in America" kind of thing?

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 319
Joined: Apr Tue 07, 2009 2:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by timekeeper » Apr Mon 20, 2009 10:33 am

I would love to see them put something in MGM. That park doesnt hold my attention beyond one morning, if they did it right it could be really cool!

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 473
Joined: Aug Sun 16, 2009 6:51 pm
Location: Florida

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Fri 21, 2009 7:54 pm

I would love for this to replace Indiana Jones in Disney Studios. Or it would also be a good new addition to the great movie ride

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 23, 2009 7:31 pm

momeja wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I'd love to see an NT attraction in Liberty Square or over near the American Adventure. Those movies are fantastic but they don't seem to get very much recognition.
I agree, but it's hard to conceptualize it. Indiana Jones at WDW? A lot of the movie is based in the present and doesn't really lend itself to the kind of imaginative stuff that marks most of the rides. It would also date very fast.

Maybe a Timekeeper ride just for the American experience, since that's most of what the movies are about? Sort of a "Nicholas Cage meets the Time Bandits in America" kind of thing?
I like your idea. NT would be a good movie to do in a Timekeeper fashion.
Image

Post Reply