What would you change back?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 28, 2012 10:25 am

He played Chairman Clench, since he was a main character and they really wanted to distance themselves, they would have either had to totally re-shoot the movies and audio (since there would be a gap between the 90's and more modern version) or update the whole ride and tie it into one of their franchises with less molestery characters.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1246
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Contact:

Re: What would you change back?

Post by MetalRage » Oct Thu 04, 2012 7:31 pm

I would have to change back Spaceship Earth to the previous version. I do like the new version, but I loved the last version the best.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: What would you change back?

Post by figmentaholic » Oct Sat 06, 2012 1:37 pm

MetalRage wrote:I would have to change back Spaceship Earth to the previous version. I do like the new version, but I loved the last version the best.


Yes.. this x 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Wed 10, 2012 8:18 pm

figmentaholic wrote:
MetalRage wrote:I would have to change back Spaceship Earth to the previous version. I do like the new version, but I loved the last version the best.


Yes.. this x 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote also, older version much better. :D :goofy:
Image

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: What would you change back?

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Dec Thu 06, 2012 1:23 pm

After reading up on a couple souvenirs that some folks had acquired way back in the day from AREA-EXCLUSIVE gift shops, it got me thinkin: "Hey, DL and WDW should re-introduce that!" I mean....I'm pretty sure we can all agree on how homogenized the Disney giftshops have become, right? To be precise I saw a photo of Enchanted Tiki Room souvenirs from an Adventureland-Exclusive gift shop....aka, it was a gift shop selling items SOLD ONLY in Adventureland! It'd be awesome if Disney got back into this. It would make souvenirs just THAT much more special.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

tjl151
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Posts: 22
Joined: Mar Fri 16, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: What would you change back?

Post by tjl151 » Dec Fri 14, 2012 11:17 am

I would also have to say bring back Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I have never ridden on it on would love to have the experience of that ride. Also bring back for a limited time the older Spaceship Earth with narration by Walter Cronkite, I remember those times of riding listening to Walter narrate.... :goofy_bounce:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1246
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Contact:

Re: What would you change back?

Post by MetalRage » Dec Fri 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:
MetalRage wrote:I would have to change back Spaceship Earth to the previous version. I do like the new version, but I loved the last version the best.


Yes.. this x 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!

My vote also, older version much better. :D :goofy:

Oh yeah! I find the narration doesn't hold the same passion now. It does explain things a little better, but they really need to improve it. Heck, I can even go without the interactive screen. Since I love Spaceship Earth, that is not gonna stop me from riding it though :lol:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Goofyfan » Dec Fri 28, 2012 12:02 pm

tjl151 wrote:I would also have to say bring back Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I have never ridden on it on would love to have the experience of that ride. Also bring back for a limited time the older Spaceship Earth with narration by Walter Cronkite, I remember those times of riding listening to Walter narrate.... :goofy_bounce:


Mr. Toads Wild Ride was cool. the video on YouTube just doesn't cut it though. :goofy:
Image

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Sat 26, 2013 11:41 am

HORIZONS, HORIZONS, HORIZONS!!! And I would love to see Wonders of Life Come back :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:HORIZONS, HORIZONS, HORIZONS!!! And I would love to see Wonders of Life Come back :(
Agreed ~ even if they just would reopen the Wonders of Life Pavilion with new attractions. It is so sad to have that pavilion be completely closed :(

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Sat 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Amy wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:HORIZONS, HORIZONS, HORIZONS!!! And I would love to see Wonders of Life Come back :(
Agreed ~ even if they just would reopen the Wonders of Life Pavilion with new attractions. It is so sad to have that pavilion be completely closed :(
I know they use it once in a while, Amy, but isn't it crazy that they wouldn't just update...it makes no sense to me at all :? To me it seems like it would be relatively easy for imagineers to come up with new ideas for this particular attraction. Why leave it empty and just sitting there?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Amy wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:HORIZONS, HORIZONS, HORIZONS!!! And I would love to see Wonders of Life Come back :(
Agreed ~ even if they just would reopen the Wonders of Life Pavilion with new attractions. It is so sad to have that pavilion be completely closed :(
I know they use it once in a while, Amy, but isn't it crazy that they wouldn't just update...it makes no sense to me at all :? To me it seems like it would be relatively easy for imagineers to come up with new ideas for this particular attraction. Why leave it empty and just sitting there?
Yeah, I can't imagine that this pavilion is best served being an occasional venue that is open for Food and Wine. Unless they really just don't have the money to re-imagine the pavilion and staff it ~ but that seems very unlikely. It's just very sad that it has been all but abandoned :(

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 29, 2013 6:51 pm

My guess is they can't find a sponsor, since that is always the goal (to offset the costs at some level). The other might be that they just can't come up with a concept that they think would work on on levels and keep with the style/theme of Epcot's future world. Health related pavillions seem to be a touchy area, in as much as when they cover personal responsibility. They had to ditch an entire pavillion at Innoventions when the response to the soft-opening of Habit Heroes was so negative.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:My guess is they can't find a sponsor, since that is always the goal (to offset the costs at some level). The other might be that they just can't come up with a concept that they think would work on on levels and keep with the style/theme of Epcot's future world. Health related pavillions seem to be a touchy area, in as much as when they cover personal responsibility. They had to ditch an entire pavillion at Innoventions when the response to the soft-opening of Habit Heroes was so negative.
I had completely forgotten about the Habit Heroes :( I wonder if that did have any effect on future plans for the pavilion?
Last edited by Amy on Jan Tue 29, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: What would you change back?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Tue 29, 2013 8:59 pm

What was Habit Heroes, and when was it open?

Post Reply