Favorite Overlooked Attraction

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Thu 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Cool pictures Lobelto, as I have never been on this ride or tour. I wonder how they smuggled in the Cuban Oregano??? ;)
Oh NaCler - you have to take your Momma on this ride in December! And I want to be there if you try to smoke the Cuban Oregano ;) :lol:
As long as you're there with video camera in hand! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 01, 2010 6:15 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Cool pictures Lobelto, as I have never been on this ride or tour. I wonder how they smuggled in the Cuban Oregano??? ;)
Oh NaCler - you have to take your Momma on this ride in December! And I want to be there if you try to smoke the Cuban Oregano ;) :lol:
As long as you're there with video camera in hand! :lol:
No problem-o! And you know it would hit Subsonic within minutes..."share video"..."send"!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Well TTA has gone down a lot since it reopened. The new spiel is really boring and very annoying. The only good thing left about it is the paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. It still remains one of the best overlooked, but SSE will now be my favorite overlooked attraction. It is such a shame that it only has a wait in the early morning and is then a walk on throughout the afternoon.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6842
Joined: Jun Sun 25, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tn
Contact:

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Wed 14, 2010 12:53 am

Len90 wrote:Well TTA has gone down a lot since it reopened. The new spiel is really boring and very annoying. The only good thing left about it is the paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. It still remains one of the best overlooked, but SSE will now be my favorite overlooked attraction. It is such a shame that it only has a wait in the early morning and is then a walk on throughout the afternoon.
People don't like when Disney Dumb's down something. Disney spent a lot of money to entertain 4 year olds.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Wed 14, 2010 1:23 am

Len90 wrote:Well TTA has gone down a lot since it reopened. The new spiel is really boring and very annoying. The only good thing left about it is the paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. It still remains one of the best overlooked, but SSE will now be my favorite overlooked attraction. It is such a shame that it only has a wait in the early morning and is then a walk on throughout the afternoon.
That's a shame that TTA has changed. I have listened to the original audio but I haven't heard the new one yet.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 14, 2010 1:29 am

All I remember is that the voice is not fitting for the theming and when you go by stitch's great escape they have Stitch incorporated into the loop. They cut out the traffic report when you over the Speedway and have really taken away the theming to the ride.

I like that they still have the original goodyear speed ramp to go up and down yet though!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5143
Joined: Sep Sun 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Valparaiso IN

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 14, 2010 11:34 am

We were less than happy with the new TTA spiel when we went on it last Dec. I agree with Len, it's just not fitting at all to the attraction.
Image
Image

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 14, 2010 8:53 pm

boilerbabe wrote:We were less than happy with the new TTA spiel when we went on it last Dec. I agree with Len, it's just not fitting at all to the attraction.
Glad I'm not alone on that. I honestly felt like I was listening to a vacation planning video since the voice sounded like it belonged on there.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Len90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:We were less than happy with the new TTA spiel when we went on it last Dec. I agree with Len, it's just not fitting at all to the attraction.
Glad I'm not alone on that. I honestly felt like I was listening to a vacation planning video since the voice sounded like it belonged on there.
Have you ever thought it was done by the people who do those vacation planning videos? With the economy down and cutbacks and layoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if some personnel got "repurposed" at WDW...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5143
Joined: Sep Sun 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Valparaiso IN

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Thu 15, 2010 11:51 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:We were less than happy with the new TTA spiel when we went on it last Dec. I agree with Len, it's just not fitting at all to the attraction.
Glad I'm not alone on that. I honestly felt like I was listening to a vacation planning video since the voice sounded like it belonged on there.
Have you ever thought it was done by the people who do those vacation planning videos? With the economy down and cutbacks and layoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if some personnel got "repurposed" at WDW...
I sincerely wish they would've just left it alone! I loved the old spiel, I felt like I was in Tomorrowland!

BTW, I love your new avatar Len!!!
Image
Image

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Len90 » Jul Fri 16, 2010 1:29 am

We all wish. I just wonder if Disney will ever change it back. After all they reversed the wand after 7 years!

Thanks for the compliments on the avatar boilerbabe. There is a good story behind the picture and it will be covered in the trip report. I will leave you with this, the mad hatter and I finally got together and it was an experience that will never be forgotten by anybody in the picture, mom who took the picture, and a few other people/characters.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 16, 2010 8:40 am

C'mon, Len, we want to hear the story. I want the trip report before you go back to Rutgers! :? :wink: :D

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by figmentaholic » Aug Mon 02, 2010 12:29 am

Well, I guess the biased part of me would say Journey Into Imagination at Epcot, but I can see how it does kind of appeal to a niche market- kids, stoners, and people who just can't let go of Figment. (I fall into the third category of course!)


Other than that, I would say the TTA (in the Magic Kingdom) is the most overlooked fun ride. it is great when you wanna sit for a while and relax your legs and cool down cause you get a nice breeze, and it is awesome to get a great angle to videotape the park.

Also the Carousel of Progress in the MK would be the same, as well as one that isnt really a ride but is fun, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

In the DHS, you need to eat at the Sci Fi Theatre, again it isnt a ride but it is a fun experience. The food is only average, though the strawberry shakes are AWESOME, but the atmosphere is SO COOL for anyone who likes sci fi cheesy b movies from the 50's and 60'd and old cartoons and commercials for sci fi stuff.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 02, 2010 5:32 am

figmentaholic wrote:...as well as one that isnt really a ride but is fun, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe...
I would agree on this one...it is a cute little show while you are eating :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5143
Joined: Sep Sun 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Valparaiso IN

Re: Favorite Overlooked Attraction

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 02, 2010 10:18 am

Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:...as well as one that isnt really a ride but is fun, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe...
I would agree on this one...it is a cute little show while you are eating :D
Every trip I always say "I want to eat at Cosmic Ray's" and it never happens! I'm bound and determined to eat there in Dec!!!
Image
Image

Post Reply