What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: What rides have you been stuck on when they broke down?

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Wed 24, 2011 9:02 pm

We got stuck in the Haunted Mansion for about 10 minutes in the Ball/Dining room. It was real neat to see. There is so much detail that you can't take in all at once. that was kind of fun. We also got stuck in Pirates for about 15 minutes. I think that something like that happening, you will remember it forever. :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 25, 2011 6:28 am

Goofyfan wrote:We got stuck in the Haunted Mansion for about 10 minutes in the Ball/Dining room. It was real neat to see. There is so much detail that you can't take in all at once. that was kind of fun. We also got stuck in Pirates for about 15 minutes. I think that something like that happening, you will remember it forever. :goofy_bounce:
I would think the Ball/Dining room, attic or graveyard would be the best places to be stuck ~ so much to look at! :hm_ghost:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Thu 25, 2011 1:51 pm

I agree...so much Imagineering done on the classic rides that get overlooked.

How did you get stuck on Pirates? I'm guessing the boats just got backed up pretty bad. I know I ended up listening to the prisoners whistle and call at the dog for about 6-7 minutes before.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MansionButler
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MansionButler » Aug Thu 25, 2011 4:05 pm

I was stopped on an attraction WHILE WORKING the other day. Not broken, just something caused a long stop while I was getting a cane for a guest who accidentally dropped his in the ride path.

It was only supposed to take me 10 minutes. I was late getting back.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Fri 26, 2011 7:44 am

theBIGyowski wrote:I agree...so much Imagineering done on the classic rides that get overlooked.

How did you get stuck on Pirates? I'm guessing the boats just got backed up pretty bad. I know I ended up listening to the prisoners whistle and call at the dog for about 6-7 minutes before.

The belt that carries the boats back up to the entrance stopped. We played bumper boats. It was fun. :goofy_bounce:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Fri 26, 2011 2:16 pm

I got stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters for a split second and used that opportunity to keep firing at my targets that were closest to me. It was worth it.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Sat 27, 2011 7:46 am

elizabethswann wrote:I got stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters for a split second and used that opportunity to keep firing at my targets that were closest to me. It was worth it.
That's a good way to beat all your high scores. Just don't tell anyone the "small detail" of being stuck. :goofy_bounce:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I got stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters for a split second and used that opportunity to keep firing at my targets that were closest to me. It was worth it.
That's a good way to beat all your high scores. Just don't tell anyone the "small detail" of being stuck. :goofy_bounce:
Never. :wink:

ntgre
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by ntgre » Oct Sat 01, 2011 4:58 am

Has anyone had more than the score that can be displayed in Astro blasters? Is it impossible unless you have a sudden break down?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 01, 2011 8:30 am

ntgre wrote:Has anyone had more than the score that can be displayed in Astro blasters? Is it impossible unless you have a sudden break down?
I think the max score is 999999. I've seen lots of photos with the highest score possible. I know there are some "hidden" targets worth a lot of points so I think you can max out your score without having a stop during your trip.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sat 01, 2011 9:16 am

Amy wrote:
ntgre wrote:Has anyone had more than the score that can be displayed in Astro blasters? Is it impossible unless you have a sudden break down?
I think the max score is 999999. I've seen lots of photos with the highest score possible. I know there are some "hidden" targets worth a lot of points so I think you can max out your score without having a stop during your trip.

If you locate those hidden targets, give us a few hints where they might be. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 01, 2011 11:24 am

Goofyfan wrote:
Amy wrote:

If you locate those hidden targets, give us a few hints where they might be. :wink:
F1gment is the resident Buzz Lightyear expert. She loves that attraction! I did find this online. I never knew the different shaped targets are worth different amounts. That is a nice hint there...
The basic scoring system per target:

Round Target: 100 points
Square Target: 1000 points
Diamond Target: 5000 points
Triangle Target: 10,000 points
Here is the link to the article for more tips...http://www.disneymouselinks.com/Buzz-Li ... -Tips.aspx

ntgre

Post by ntgre » Oct Fri 07, 2011 2:31 am

Amy wrote:If you locate those hidden targets, give us a few hints where they might be. :wink:
F1gment is the resident Buzz Lightyear expert. She loves that attraction! I did find this online. I never knew the different shaped targets are worth different amounts. That is a nice hint there...
The basic scoring system per target:

Round Target: 100 points
Square Target: 1000 points
Diamond Target: 5000 points
Triangle Target: 10,000 points
Here is the link to the article for more tips...http://www.disneymouselinks.com/Buzz-Li ... -Tips.aspx

This is really helpful, now I'm going to own Astro Blasters now!!! :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Tue 03, 2012 9:44 pm

I just got stuck yesterday on Alice in Wonderland for about fifteen/twenty minutes and had to walk off the ride with my three friends. We were in the area with the singing flowers and were going up the hill to where the forest with the signs were when we stopped. The lights went on and we walked up through the forest area to where the cards were moving around in circles and exited through a sort of storage room down some stairs and out the door right next to the bathrooms. It was pretty crazy for us since I never had to walk off a ride like that.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 04, 2012 7:03 am

elizabethswann wrote:I just got stuck yesterday on Alice in Wonderland for about fifteen/twenty minutes and had to walk off the ride with my three friends. We were in the area with the singing flowers and were going up the hill to where the forest with the signs were when we stopped. The lights went on and we walked up through the forest area to where the cards were moving around in circles and exited through a sort of storage room down some stairs and out the door right next to the bathrooms. It was pretty crazy for us since I never had to walk off a ride like that.
Did you get to take any photos?