Embarrassing moments at Disney

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1673
Joined: Nov Thu 04, 2004 2:06 am
Location: the laughing in your face place

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Thu 07, 2006 6:28 pm

csquare77 wrote:What did they sell them as? Kidie leashes?
I guess. I didn't look at the packaging too closely. It was a store nearby Splash Mountain in MK.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 129
Joined: Sep Wed 13, 2006 5:32 am
Location: Centreville, VA

Post by ctrain2281 » Sep Wed 27, 2006 6:53 pm

I'm glad that I was a kid when I commited my most imbarrassing moment. Plausible deniability.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 615
Joined: Sep Sat 02, 2006 9:35 am
Location: America's Home Town Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by csquare77 » Sep Wed 27, 2006 6:55 pm

ctrain2281 wrote:I'm glad that I was a kid when I commited my most imbarrassing moment. Plausible deniability.
Was that drinking the 4 root beers in the morning?

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 811
Joined: Jun Fri 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Croaker » Sep Thu 28, 2006 9:44 am

csquare77 wrote:I did not happen to me but there was this kid probably around 9 years old and he was on one of the hand leashes, I really had to hold back from laughing. poor kid.
that was my kid! lol ok maybe it wasn't me...but what we do...i carry the backpack and attach two leather shoestrings about 3 feet long each. we have the kids grab them so they can walk around behind me and look around without running into people and without the worry that we could be seperated. (i'll have to attach a pic later...its really useful)

I think my favorite thing is watching the parents yell at their kids...it blows me away..you take a kid to the most sectacular place on earth then stuff them with sugar...make them stand in a line for hours and expect them to behave...laugh!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4924
Joined: Feb Thu 12, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Post by subsonic » Sep Thu 28, 2006 10:31 am

Croaker wrote: we have the kids grab them so they can walk around behind me and look around without running into people and without the worry that we could be seperated. (i'll have to attach a pic later...its really useful)
So they can let go at any time? If so, that's different than attaching a leash like a dog.
Image
HAHAHAHAHA
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 811
Joined: Jun Fri 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by Croaker » Sep Thu 28, 2006 12:59 pm

yes they can let go at anytime. laugh the leashed child above...makes you want to put skates on him and pull him around like a toy.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Posts: 4727
Joined: Aug Wed 25, 2004 1:06 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Post by js3901 » Sep Thu 28, 2006 1:06 pm

Croaker wrote:yes they can let go at anytime. laugh the leashed child above...makes you want to put skates on him and pull him around like a toy.
or you put the skates on and tell the kid to run like I've seen pleanty of people do while walking their dogs around here... :lol:
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 615
Joined: Sep Sat 02, 2006 9:35 am
Location: America's Home Town Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by csquare77 » Sep Thu 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Look that Kid is like 3, this kid was at least 9 he was like only 2 years away from growing a beard, lol
Croaker wrote:I think my favorite thing is watching the parents yell at their kids...it blows me away..you take a kid to the most sectacular place on earth then stuff them with sugar...make them stand in a line for hours and expect them to behave...laugh!
Yah my brother was watching a kid get disciplined, he was walking and was not looking where he was going so he could watch this kid get his wack, and then tripped over and fell into a bush. He said it was worth it though, lol

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1673
Joined: Nov Thu 04, 2004 2:06 am
Location: the laughing in your face place

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Thu 28, 2006 8:13 pm

Some of those leashes are fashionable now. I've seen a few of them as stuffed animal designed backpacks with the leash or "tail".
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2561
Joined: Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.......

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Oct Sun 01, 2006 9:54 pm

Ok this thread is now starting to make me laugh hard. Kids on leashes and people falling into bushes. :lol: I need a good laugh today. Maybe I will do something funny on one of my trips coming up. And with my new camera maybe I will catch it on film.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 615
Joined: Sep Sat 02, 2006 9:35 am
Location: America's Home Town Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by csquare77 » Oct Mon 02, 2006 5:34 am

We need stories about people falling into a pool or one of the lagoons, someone must have done that.

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 231
Joined: May Sat 27, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Post by bbowen13 » Oct Mon 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Well I didn't fall into one of the lagoons but three days into my honeymoon while taking a boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness lodge for diner. I was playing with my wedding ride. Next thing I knew it bounced off the boat and headed for the lagoon. I hit it back into the boat only to have it bounce off the boat again and into parts unknown in the lagoon. Needless to say I didn't eat much that night! :oops:

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 615
Joined: Sep Sat 02, 2006 9:35 am
Location: America's Home Town Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by csquare77 » Oct Mon 02, 2006 3:35 pm

Ouch, that hurts, how did the wife take it?

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 763
Joined: Apr Thu 27, 2006 10:23 am
Location: Southern New Hampshire

Post by knedeau » Oct Mon 02, 2006 4:19 pm

bbowen13 wrote:Well I didn't fall into one of the lagoons but three days into my honeymoon while taking a boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness lodge for diner. I was playing with my wedding ride. Next thing I knew it bounced off the boat and headed for the lagoon. I hit it back into the boat only to have it bounce off the boat again and into parts unknown in the lagoon. Needless to say I didn't eat much that night! :oops:
looks like you're married to Davy Jones now!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Posts: 263
Joined: Jul Mon 03, 2006 12:31 am
Location: Tom Sawyer Island

Post by Just Believe » Oct Mon 02, 2006 7:38 pm

knedeau wrote:
bbowen13 wrote:Well I didn't fall into one of the lagoons but three days into my honeymoon while taking a boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness lodge for diner. I was playing with my wedding ride. Next thing I knew it bounced off the boat and headed for the lagoon. I hit it back into the boat only to have it bounce off the boat again and into parts unknown in the lagoon. Needless to say I didn't eat much that night! :oops:
looks like you're married to Davy Jones now!
LOL!!!! That's pretty funny. I think my most embarrassing moment at Disney was at MGM Studios on my first time at Tower of Terror. I was only 8 and they made the suspense worse with Rod Seirling scaring you to death. I got so scared I kept telling my dad I had to go to the bathroom, "just trying to get my way out." He told me to wait. Right before they had waiting for our elevator, I did my business in my pants. It saved me from going on and I think that's the MOST EMBARRASSING STORY you can ever tell.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

Post Reply