Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by MadEye » Mar Tue 22, 2011 8:54 pm

mindflipper wrote:Was the wider version this one?

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/85955 ... 14942.html
Nope. He was on the right side with the banner being the main focus in the middle.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 22, 2011 10:20 pm

MadEye wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Was the wider version this one?

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/85955 ... 14942.html
Nope. He was on the right side with the banner being the main focus in the middle.
But that version definitely looks like it was made for a billboard fit...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by MadEye » Mar Wed 23, 2011 2:17 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Was the wider version this one?

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/85955 ... 14942.html
Nope. He was on the right side with the banner being the main focus in the middle.
But that version definitely looks like it was made for a billboard fit...
True but I've only seen it in the theaters on banners.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by Len90 » May Thu 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Okay so the day has FINALLY arrived. The movie starts playing in US theaters in about 90 minutes. Anybody planning on doing the midnight showings? I was set to go before I got this nasty little cold that has since changed my plans to be a late morning movie :(
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 437
Joined: Apr Fri 04, 2008 10:15 am
Location: New England

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by jlpeaches255 » May Thu 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Ahhhh midnight movies, we used to do that before the kids came along. Yeah that was fun. Oh well. (Feel better Len90!)
I was going to go tomorrow evening but now I have a stupid MRI.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by Amy » May Fri 20, 2011 7:30 am

No plans to see the movie until it comes out on DVD, though I located some good pirate swag if I was going to go see it...
ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 20, 2011 8:45 am

I am oddly being patient enough to wait until the weekend, when then I will be able to go with some friends of mine...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by Len90 » May Fri 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Well just got out from seeing it in 3D and it was really good. I still thin the first one is the best but this one was quite interesting. Lots of new characters and twists. I will say that I personally loved the ending lines and thought it set us up for a thrilling 5th movie really well.

Btw: the previews open up with cars 2 which is due out in the summer and it too looks amazing.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 20, 2011 12:59 pm

We're going tonight! We've seen each POTC movie on opening day, so we're not gonna break tradition...

Looking forward to it!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Len90 wrote:Well just got out from seeing it in 3D and it was really good. I still thin the first one is the best but this one was quite interesting. Lots of new characters and twists. I will say that I personally loved the ending lines and thought it set us up for a thrilling 5th movie really well.

Btw: the previews open up with cars 2 which is due out in the summer and it too looks amazing.
How would you rank the POTC films in order of preference? (From most liked to least liked)

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by northernmousefan2007 » May Sat 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I saw it in 3D yesterday, it was great. I agree it set up a fifth movie very well. The only thing it had to do with the first three was captain Sparrow and Barbosa, not a bad thing but unexpected. My order of preference is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and least the 1st.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by MmeLeota » May Sat 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Wow! So, I agree with everyone else in that it sets up well for the 5th installment. We saw it in 3D as well and we both liked it wery much. Not as much as 1 and 2 but it was great. It was more comical than the last one, and there were bits of the attraction inserted. I missed these aspects from At World's End.

For those who have seen it, you did stay all the way through the credits, right?

For those who haven't seen it yet, make sure you sit all the way through the credits...

Ranking? 1, 2, 4, 3....

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by Len90 » May Sat 21, 2011 7:09 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Wow! So, I agree with everyone else in that it sets up well for the 5th installment. We saw it in 3D as well and we both liked it wery much. Not as much as 1 and 2 but it was great. It was more comical than the last one, and there were bits of the attraction inserted. I missed these aspects from At World's End.

For those who have seen it, you did stay all the way through the credits, right?

For those who haven't seen it yet, make sure you sit all the way through the credits...

Ranking? 1, 2, 4, 3....
Didn't know about that so I caught it online but it is VERY important to sit through the end of the credits.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by MmeLeota » May Sat 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Oh, and I forgot...there were previews for the new Muppet movie and Cars 2!!! I'm totally looking forward to both!!!! Cars 2 is gonna be sweet in 3D!

wdwparksgal
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 30
Joined: Mar Sun 21, 2010 12:50 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by wdwparksgal » May Sat 21, 2011 11:30 pm

I just saw the movie last night! It was uber awesome and will be seeing it again soon :wink:
Walt Disney World. Home away from Home.

Post Reply