Which attraction-based movie do you like the least?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Which do you like least?

Country Bears
43%
Haunted Mansion
30%
Pirates of the Caribbean
7%
Dinosaur
7%
Mission to Mars
6%
Tower of Terror
6%

Total votes: 82

nagelsn1978
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by nagelsn1978 » Jul Fri 27, 2007 10:53 am

Dinosaur was ok, though the ride was changed to reflect the movie. ToT was ok for what it was, a made for tv movie. Pirates is awesome. Country bears and Haunted Mansion both blew. So those are my choices.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jul Fri 27, 2007 11:37 am

nagelsn1978 wrote:Dinosaur was ok, though the ride was changed to reflect the movie.
A question on that. I know the ride name changed - did anything else? I didn't go on the ride before the change and always wondered what was new.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

nagelsn1978

Post by nagelsn1978 » Jul Fri 27, 2007 11:57 am

I think it was the inclusion of the Iguanodon being the main character from the movie. Other than that I dont think they altered too much. But I could be wrong.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu

dinosaur33
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by dinosaur33 » Jul Fri 27, 2007 2:09 pm

I didn't think Haunted Mansion was as bad as everyone said, but The Country Bears was one of the worst movies I've seen in theaters.

VMKdude
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by VMKdude » Jul Sat 28, 2007 12:43 am

I think The haunted mansion movie is more like Phantom Manor With the zombies and the bride being a main caricter :hm_ghost:
On this Adventure Thru Inner Space you shall shrink to the the size of an Atom!!

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Aug Tue 14, 2007 6:42 am

I vote for Haunted Mansion. Could have been great. Such a wasted opportunity. Country Bears show I never miss, the film I will never watch again.
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Tue 14, 2007 8:54 am

I didn't know Mission to Mars and Tower of Terror were movies and I didn't know that Dinosaur was a ride (didn't much care for the movie though). That left Country Bears (which I have never seen and never plan to...it looked ridiculous), Pirates (are you kidding?? One of my favorite movies!), and Haunted Mansion (really bad...). So my vote went to HM. It could have been so good, but it was so not. If I had seen Country Bears (which I never will) I probably would have voted for that.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Tue 14, 2007 10:22 am

I cast my vote for Country Bears, as most people have. When I first heard they were doing a Country Bears movie, my family and I were very excited, and were hoping they wouldn't let the attraction go away if the movie did well. But then we saw it... :|

discomouse131
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by discomouse131 » Aug Fri 31, 2007 2:56 pm

Well, since I've only seen a few of these (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, ToT, Dinosaur), 'Haunted Mansion' gets my vote. The story could have been so much better. I had high hopes for this one and was completely let down. But I did enjoy seeing the hitchhiking ghosts get some screen time! I hear rumors of a 'Jungle Cruise' movie...anyone know if this is true??? :?
"...yeah, we wrote these lousy lyrics... and we also wrote the words!" - Wendell the Bear

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Aug Fri 31, 2007 3:33 pm

discomouse131 wrote:Well, since I've only seen a few of these (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, ToT, Dinosaur), 'Haunted Mansion' gets my vote. The story could have been so much better. I had high hopes for this one and was completely let down. But I did enjoy seeing the hitchhiking ghosts get some screen time! I hear rumors of a 'Jungle Cruise' movie...anyone know if this is true??? :?
Yup! I agree with you....could have been a great movie. I love eddie murphy, but not in disney movies. For some reason it just didnt seem to portray what the ride is or to give you that same feeling the ride gives. Like in the first pirates...when i saw that movie i got the same feeling i do when i go on the ride. Haunted mansion just didnt do it...

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Aug Fri 31, 2007 7:54 pm

Re-thinking this question, I really think what made me choose HM was the fact that HM had so much potential that it ultimately failed to give. Country Bears, not so much: It's a group of singing bears, what else is there?

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Sep Tue 04, 2007 12:37 pm

While I have only seen clips of Country Bears, when you combine the clips with the attraction itself, I can't imagine sitting through a full length feature movie based on the attraction! But, I have to admit that Haunted Mansion wasn't what it could have been.

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Sep Tue 04, 2007 4:54 pm

Okay. I'll take one for the team. Which ride was Dinosaur based on?

blinkereye123
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by blinkereye123 » Sep Tue 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Hey gang. While it's safe to say that HM is probably the best example of what NOT to do in making a Disney ride-movie what I'm about to say may get me killed. I'm probably the only person who didn't as big of kick out of PotC as everybody else did/has. While I did think the story was a well though out one, (unlike HM), and both Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are great actors I guess I just couldn't shake the feeling that the movie as a whole was trying to bury the rides history and taking shots at just how silly some of the rides scenes actually are. All this does is prove that Disney is essentially 'kid's stuff', ya know. I don't know, maybe it's me. Oh well, until later, peace.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Tue 04, 2007 8:48 pm

FlyingMouse wrote:Okay. I'll take one for the team. Which ride was Dinosaur based on?
Countdown to Extinction at Animal Kingdom. Since that movie came out, the changed the name of the attraction to Dinosaur!.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]