Which attraction-based movie do you like the least?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Which do you like least?

Country Bears
43%
Haunted Mansion
30%
Pirates of the Caribbean
7%
Dinosaur
7%
Mission to Mars
6%
Tower of Terror
6%

Total votes: 82

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Which attraction-based movie do you like the least?

Post by Cheshire Cat » Jul Tue 17, 2007 11:20 am

We all know that Pirates is one of the better attraction-based movies, but which one completely bombed?

Tower of Terror and Dinsoaur may not have an awesome storyline, but they're not completely horrible and there are a few scenes I find amusing to watch (the egg sequence from Dinosaur is my favorite animated sequence ever) and for that I think they're rewatchable.

Country Bears is a "cute" story that's worth watching at least once, I don't think it was meant to be the phenomenon that Pirates is.

I've never seen Mission to Mars (someone tell me if it's worth it)

Haunted mansion gets my vote for worst attraction-based movie for having a ridiculous story and being totally blasphemous to the ride (in my opinion).

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Which attraction-based movie do you like the least?

Post by SWHorn » Jul Tue 17, 2007 11:51 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:Haunted mansion gets my vote for worst attraction-based movie for having a ridiculous story and being totally blasphemous to the ride (in my opinion).
I agree with this assessment. But, Country Bears was just horrible. I had to vote for that.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jul Tue 17, 2007 11:58 am

I didn't see all of these. And I complete FORGOT they did Tower of Terror.

IMO, that was even worse than the Haunted Mansion, and thus it gets my vote! :ccat:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Tue 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Country Bears was the worst!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jul Tue 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Country Bears was ABYSMAL!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jul Tue 17, 2007 9:21 pm

I wasn't aware that Mission to Mars was a Disney movie. but, seeing the IMDB listing, makes me thnk otherwise. Learn something new every day...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Tue 17, 2007 10:24 pm

I've only seen 3 of the films listed: HM, PoTC and ToT. Wasn't Steve Gutenberg in ToT?
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Tue 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote: Wasn't Steve Gutenberg in ToT?
yep, he was. one of his best performances... hehe :lol:
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jul Wed 18, 2007 8:34 am

Haunted Mansion gets my vote, just because I thought it could have been an amazing movie. It was right inbetween too scary and not scary enough. The humor was just not there, and the characters didn't get me interested. Worst of all, the advertised fancy costume ball in the mansion was only during the opening credits!

Ok, enough of my rants. Of course I loved Pirates. I thought Country Bears was quite amusing. Tower of Terror to me is a hidden gem - to me it really brings so much more depth to the storyline of the ride.

Mission to Mars? Didn't know it existed.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Wed 18, 2007 8:33 pm

I didn't really care for Haunted Mansion.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Re: Which attraction-based movie do you like the least?

Post by DisBeamer » Jul Wed 18, 2007 11:30 pm

I have to vote Haunted Mansion, just because of the 'wasted potential' factor. It could have been an amazing movie. I might have voted Country Bears but I've managed not to see it (and hope to continue not seeing it).
Cheshire Cat wrote:I've never seen Mission to Mars (someone tell me if it's worth it)
Heheheh. My husband and I saw this on one of our first dates. We now lovingly refer to it as the "horrible movie that is the cradle of our love". I like it from that perspective, but the movie itself is dreck. Don't bother.

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Jul Thu 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Never knew there was a ToT movie, Bears I just have absolutely no interest in and HM I did suffer through. I would have to say Bears.....it just looks soooo cheesy!

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jul Fri 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Let's see...

Country Bears- haven't seen, but if I did, I would probably rate it as worst from seeing the trailers and from hearing other opinions

Haunted Mansion- First part of it (when they first arrive at the mansion) it looks like it had potential, but Eddie Murphy and his family ruined it.

Pirates of the Caribbean- Do I even have to bother? This one is not even considered.

Dinosaur- I never knew this was based on any ride. I thought it was just a movie about Dinosaurs. I haven't seen this movie in a long time. I forget what happens, but I'm pretty sure it was a good movie, because I know we own it.

Mission to Mars- Never seen it. Don't know anything about it.

Tower of Terror- I actually liked it. I'm pretty sure it was a made-for-tv movie, so it wasn't meant to be some huge Disney movie like Pirates, so I can forgive parts of it.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Sat 21, 2007 11:51 am

Country bears....its bad when even disney makes fun of their own attraction..."goofy movie" (yes i know it was possums but...we got the point..laugh)
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Breegan
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Breegan » Jul Mon 23, 2007 11:48 pm

I've never seen Country Bears, but it doesnt really strike me to be the greatest movie. I haven't seen ToT or Mission to Mars or Dinosaur, so I had to vote for Haunted Mansion. I didnt think it gave justice to the ride whatsoever. Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 and 3 were absolutely amazing so that one should not even be one of the choices in my opinion.
"Why should i sail with any of you? Four of you tried to kill me in the past! ...One of you succeeded."

"Shoot him, and cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue. And trim that sgraggly beard."

(Tia Dalma:) "You know I demand payment." - ( Jack:) "I brought payment. Look!" (shoots the monkey) "An undead monkey! Top that!"

"Son....Im Captain Jack Sparrow...savvy?"