Favorite animated film?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jul Thu 19, 2007 9:39 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:I recently rewatched Treasure Planet, and I thought it was amazing. It was visually stunning and the modern twist on the classic story was amusing. The music was beautiful. I liked all the characters and the mix of Pirates and Star Wars was great. I think this movie deserves more credit than Disney is giving it. They make all sorts of merchandise for their Chicken Little flop and ignore this "treasure" just like The Black Cauldron.
I wasn't at all impressed by that when I saw it in theatres. Actually, it was the last Disney animated film I saw in theatres as a result.

I'd have to track it down and see it again just to see if it was any better.

The Black Cauldron... man, that movie scared me when I was a kid! :shock:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Thu 19, 2007 11:50 am

Lilo and Stitch
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jul Thu 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Mulan. It's just one of those movies that I love everything about it.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Breegan
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Breegan » Jul Mon 23, 2007 11:54 pm

I would have to agree that Sleeping Beauty is really high on my list, as well as the Lion King. I could watch these movies over and over again. I also like Snow White but not as much as the other 2.
"Why should i sail with any of you? Four of you tried to kill me in the past! ...One of you succeeded."

"Shoot him, and cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue. And trim that sgraggly beard."

(Tia Dalma:) "You know I demand payment." - ( Jack:) "I brought payment. Look!" (shoots the monkey) "An undead monkey! Top that!"

"Son....Im Captain Jack Sparrow...savvy?"

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jul Thu 26, 2007 8:13 am

I would have to say either The Lion King or The Great Mouse Detective. They both had entertaining stories and I would watch them constantly. Where is the Lion King Emoticon?
Image Image

tseymour

Post by tseymour » Jul Thu 26, 2007 8:28 am

I'm probably the only one that will vote for this movie, but growing up Ducktales on the Disney afternoon was my favorite cartoon. So with that being said I would say my favorite movie is Ducktales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. I just can't get enough of those ducks.
There's a snake in my boot!

dinosaur33
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by dinosaur33 » Jul Thu 26, 2007 11:11 am

It's a tough choice, but I have to pick The Lion King.

nagelsn1978

Post by nagelsn1978 » Jul Thu 26, 2007 12:38 pm

Hmmmm... Old School I would have to say Sleeping Beauty simply because the Prince in that movie actually isn't a useless waste of skin who shows up at the last minute, he is a prescence throughout. New movies, Lion King hands down. But I do have some love for Lilo and Stitch.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle." -Sun Tzu

blinkereye123
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by blinkereye123 » Sep Tue 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Hi again. For me, and I may be alone in this, the original Fantasia is hands-down the most original animated project ever to come out of Disney studios. Not just because it was Walt's personal project from dayone, (and weren't they all in the beginning?), but in terms of storytelling all the segments just seem to flow alot better than any singular story you could tell, (although Rite of Spring could have been a little less linear in its pacing). And you gotta admit if you are a fan of classical music, as I am, then at least you you've got some great visuals to go along with it. On a secondary note, runners-up would include the Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Anyway, until later, peace.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Fri 14, 2007 12:49 pm

My all-time favorite is Robin Hood, I absolutely love the songs and characters and it always reminds me of growing up watching it at my grandmothers' house. A very close second and favorite since it was released is Lilo and Stitch. The characters in that story are so well developed and it's a great movie that people of all ages can really enjoy. The art is also great. I'll wait a couple more years, and if I still feel the same about Lilo and Stitch it will be my all-time favorite.
tseymour wrote:I'm probably the only one that will vote for this movie, but growing up Ducktales on the Disney afternoon was my favorite cartoon. So with that being said I would say my favorite movie is Ducktales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. I just can't get enough of those ducks.
I own it on VHS! That's a great movie, and of course the cartoon was wonderful. I recently saw that both Rescue Rangers and Tale Spin were on the Toon Disney schedule, and I really want the channel now. At least they released the DVDs. Do you remember when they themed Disneyland after all those great cartoons one summer? I remember you had to go from booth to booth and get stamps, and they themed some rides after the cartoons. The boats were Rescue Rangers I think.

Lostboy
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Lostboy » Sep Thu 27, 2007 11:21 pm

For pure animation I would say Beauty and the Beast. But my favorite movies are the ones that blend both animation and real actors; Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Fri 28, 2007 10:12 am

Lostboy wrote:For pure animation I would say Beauty and the Beast. But my favorite movies are the ones that blend both animation and real actors; Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon.
My wife got me Bedknobs and Broomsticks on DVD last Christmas, as she knew that I loved it. She had never seen it, and after we watched it the first time she enjoyed it as well. It's a under appreciated / under played/watched film, in my opinion. The music and the story is great, and it's a woderful classic.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Fri 28, 2007 3:05 pm

I would say Aladdin or Lion King... Umm but for reasons I can't say... I think Lion King.

Le Duc et La Duchesse
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Le Duc et La Duchesse » Oct Tue 02, 2007 4:11 am

Mine are The Jungle Book and Alice in Wonderland... :wink:
[b][i]Climb aboard 'n hang on for the wildest ride in the wilderness !!![/b][/i]

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6900/userbar508946qu4.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/8434/padreamuserro1gb2.jpg[/img]

Our travels : http://leducetladuchesse.over-blog.com

sallyporsche
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by sallyporsche » Oct Sun 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Beauty and the Beast