Disney+ (Netflix style) Pay for service Coming soon!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Disney+ (Netflix style) Pay for service Coming soon!

Postby cousininmiami » Mar Fri 15, 2019 12:49 pm

I am pretty excited about the prospect of the (supposed) entire Disney library in the new Disney+ pay for service coming out this year sometime!

I'm wondering if the total library really means that, because if so then it will be incredible! I'm most looking forward to the really really old stuff, and maybe some of the Disney Channel movies that are unavailable anywhere!

So what is everyone looking forward to?
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Disney+ (Netflix style) Pay for service Coming soon!

Postby Amy » Mar Sun 17, 2019 7:37 am

From what I've been reading, it is indeed supposed to include everything. I'd love to see Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century again. I was able to watch that at the fire department when I was working there (we didn't have cable at home, but we did at the station) and I really enjoyed it. I'm guessing like other past favorites, it might not hold up to the test of time, but it would be nice to see again. I think it was on ABC at some point too and I watched it then as well.
The big question is, will they have Song of the South? If they do, I bet they would get a lot more subscribers, at least for the first month.
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Postby cousininmiami » Mar Mon 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Amy, funny that you would mention Zenon... that too was one of my favorite movies so I bought it one time, got a digital copy and the DVD. I still love that movie! I just need to locate where the DVD is and I will sent it to you! And as for Song of the South?? I would love to see it again too!

How about Luck of the Irish, Smart House, Fifteenth Year to name a few! I watched these with my kids when they were little and loved them! I would love to see the really old stuff, like the Hardy Boys mysteries, Dad, Can I borrow the Car?, old original Disney cartoons, and old Mickey Mouse Club etc. I can seriously imagine going completely crazy if some of the old "Disneyland" show are on there, like the one with the Osmonds in Disneyland and older ones from the 1960's from the park!

But for now... we wait.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cousininmiami

Postby Amy » Mar Tue 19, 2019 10:09 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Amy, funny that you would mention Zenon... that too was one of my favorite movies so I bought it one time, got a digital copy and the DVD. I still love that movie! I just need to locate where the DVD is and I will sent it to you! And as for Song of the South?? I would love to see it again too!

How about Luck of the Irish, Smart House, Fifteenth Year to name a few! I watched these with my kids when they were little and loved them! I would love to see the really old stuff, like the Hardy Boys mysteries, Dad, Can I borrow the Car?, old original Disney cartoons, and old Mickey Mouse Club etc. I can seriously imagine going completely crazy if some of the old "Disneyland" show are on there, like the one with the Osmonds in Disneyland and older ones from the 1960's from the park!

But for now... we wait.

That would be great!
I haven't seen any of those first three you mentioned. I want to say I saw some Hardy Boys, but I might just be remembering the books. We read them all.
I have seen some of the old Disneyland shows. I have the DVD of that that came out as a "Disney Vault" edition ~ the Osmonds was pretty neat!
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Return to Anything else