Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 09, 2013 5:06 pm

I will try to actually finish this one. :)

Who's down for the DL trip report?!
Image

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1283
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I will try to actually finish this one. :)

Who's down for the DL trip report?!
Always ready to read a trip report especially in the places we have not been to yet. :D
I'll bet your excited about your up and coming excursion. Just a side note the palace should be open while you are in London if you are interested.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sat 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Do you mean Buckingham?? If so, take the tour!

I do miss London.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18504
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I will try to actually finish this one. :)

Who's down for the DL trip report?!
Always ready to read a trip report especially in the places we have not been to yet. :D
I'll bet your excited about your up and coming excursion. Just a side note the palace should be open while you are in London if you are interested.
mindflipper wrote:Do you mean Buckingham?? If so, take the tour!

I do miss London.
They open the palace for tours? I didn't know that! That would be interesting :D

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 201
Joined: Jul Sun 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by GeoffS » Aug Sat 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Here's the website for tour info. http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/visit ... your-visit

I've never been to England, but I toured nearly every historical building in Dublin while I was there. Amazing history.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by NaCler » Aug Sat 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Bring it on Soarin!

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1283
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Yes guys the Queen is at Balmoral on her holidays at the moment so Buckingham Palace is open in certain areas to the public.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:Yes guys the Queen is at Balmoral on her holidays at the moment so Buckingham Palace is open in certain areas to the public.
Yep, I've done the tour. Back then, they just it was for a limited time to pay for repairs for the fire at Windsor. And all these years later, they're still doing the tour.

Back then, cameras of any kind were prohibited on the tour and had to be left with the security. I assume the same still applies nowadays?

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1283
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:Yes guys the Queen is at Balmoral on her holidays at the moment so Buckingham Palace is open in certain areas to the public.
Yep, I've done the tour. Back then, they just it was for a limited time to pay for repairs for the fire at Windsor. And all these years later, they're still doing the tour.

Back then, cameras of any kind were prohibited on the tour and had to be left with the security. I assume the same still applies nowadays?
Not sure on that Mindflipper I have never been. I did do the tour at Windsor Castle and you were allowed to take pictures everywhere except St George's Chapel.
I would say you probably would be allowed though as the last two years they have had exhibitions. Last year it was the diamonds and this year it is the coronation regalia.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18504
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Quick look at the website indicates you can take all the photos you want in the garden, but no photography or video taping of any kind in the State Rooms. I would guess the exhibitions might be no photography as well as they usually want you to purchase the official souvenir book ;)
So is the palace only open when the Queen is on holiday Sleepy?

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1283
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Amy wrote:Quick look at the website indicates you can take all the photos you want in the garden, but no photography or video taping of any kind in the State Rooms. I would guess the exhibitions might be no photography as well as they usually want you to purchase the official souvenir book ;)
So is the palace only open when the Queen is on holiday Sleepy?
Yes Amy it is only open when she heads of to the glens for her vacation.
Kind of disappointing that you can't take photos.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 201
Joined: Jul Sun 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by GeoffS » Aug Sun 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Well, some people manage to get in while the Queen is there... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fagan_incident

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 11, 2013 10:30 pm

I hate to do bubble bursting but I had to cancel Europe. The flight was too expensive for me. So hinging on Limited Time Magic Long Lost Friends announcements I may be back in California before I for sure head to Nashville.
Image

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sep Thu 25, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Mon 12, 2013 8:03 am

Please do the DL report!!! With pictures.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Image

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Soarin's First Trip to DISNEYLAND! 13-16 July 2013

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Mon 12, 2013 11:07 am

cousininmiami wrote:Please do the DL report!!! With pictures.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes! I have to experience it this way until I can make it out there myself. :)
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Post Reply