Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 2:45 pm

I don't think I have started a trip report topic yet ~ maybe because I haven't finished our last WDW trip report yet :roll: ~
Anyhow, decided to start one as we are doing more planning. My brother just called and has found us a commuter flight between southern Cali and northern Cali so we now have all our dates. Now to just let my brother in Cali know we are coming ;) Actually he knows, but not the specific dates yet...starting to get excited :D
Last edited by Amy on Jul Wed 24, 2013 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 484
Joined: Jun Mon 10, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: 817

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 2:50 pm

Congrats on your trip. I hope it will be fun. I have never done a trip report. I might consider doing one from my trip this past March
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Congrats on your trip. I hope it will be fun. I have never done a trip report. I might consider doing one from my trip this past March
Never too late to put a report out ~ if I didn't have such a hassle uploading photos I would have been done ages ago...sigh

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Posts: 2004
Joined: Sep Tue 18, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Coral Springs, Fl

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 5:00 pm

yay!!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"


Image
Image
Image
Image

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by cy1229 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Excuse me while I recover from shock at seeing a trip report from Amy! :D :D :D

Just teasin'

How many days? I know it's getting close! Must be nice to be able to plan for real now that everything is set.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 6:25 pm

cy1229 wrote:Excuse me while I recover from shock at seeing a trip report from Amy! :D :D :D

Just teasin'

How many days? I know it's getting close! Must be nice to be able to plan for real now that everything is set.
Well, save some shock for when I actually get that report going again ;)
Hmmm, I will have to look at the calendar. I didn't have it with me when my brother called today ~ I do know that we are spending a few more days with Mickey and the gang than my brother :oops: Hopefully they don't mind :lol:

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 201
Joined: Jul Sun 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by GeoffS » Jun Wed 12, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm sure they understand which obsession has priority.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 12, 2013 7:44 pm

GeoffS wrote:I'm sure they understand which obsession has priority.
:lol: They don't know we are going to DL first, but yeah, they'll understand...I think
Actually my brother would probably want to spend as much time with our Mom as he can, but he and his wife both go by the philosophy that both company and fish stink after 3 days. Guess we have to go to DL first, oh well ;)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by cy1229 » Jun Thu 13, 2013 7:02 am

Amy wrote:
GeoffS wrote:I'm sure they understand which obsession has priority.
:lol: They don't know we are going to DL first, but yeah, they'll understand...I think
Actually my brother would probably want to spend as much time with our Mom as he can, but he and his wife both go by the philosophy that both company and fish stink after 3 days. Guess we have to go to DL first, oh well ;)
If he really wanted to spend more time with you guys, he could join you in DL for a day before you go to his house. He's a grownup, don't worry about accommodating his wants. He can get them for himself. :) If my sister lived in Florida, and we were going to WDW before her house, she would just meet us at WDW for a couple days and hang with us. :)

I'm so excited for you guys!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 14, 2013 10:01 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
GeoffS wrote:I'm sure they understand which obsession has priority.
:lol: They don't know we are going to DL first, but yeah, they'll understand...I think
Actually my brother would probably want to spend as much time with our Mom as he can, but he and his wife both go by the philosophy that both company and fish stink after 3 days. Guess we have to go to DL first, oh well ;)
If he really wanted to spend more time with you guys, he could join you in DL for a day before you go to his house. He's a grownup, don't worry about accommodating his wants. He can get them for himself. :) If my sister lived in Florida, and we were going to WDW before her house, she would just meet us at WDW for a couple days and hang with us. :)

I'm so excited for you guys!
The brother that lives in San Francisco is pretty bah-Disney. We all went the first time we visited (when they lived in southern Cali), when their kids were about 10 and 12. They enjoyed themselves, but could take it or leave it. My brother came back with my Mom and me for another day and we took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. He really enjoyed that and being an engineer, enjoyed several things about the parks, but he and my sister in law just aren't Disney people. He would come meet us if we asked, but he started a new job not that long ago, money is tight as it always is living in an expensive state, and we're just as happy visiting with them and keeping the parks for ourselves ;)

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 830
Joined: Sep Wed 16, 2009 10:30 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jun Fri 14, 2013 7:17 pm

While I am very excited for your and F1gment's return to a Disney property...I cannot admit to being pumped up about a TR. I just have this feeling that it (TR) might never materialize. ;)
:lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 14, 2013 8:25 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:While I am very excited for your and F1gment's return to a Disney property...I cannot admit to being pumped up about a TR. I just have this feeling that it (TR) might never materialize. ;)
:lol: :lol:
:oops: It will...someday....I promise...really...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:30 am

We're waiting to hear from my brother on what other surprises he has planned for this trip. We contacted him to get the flight details and mentioned how much we wished he could join us and he just cryptically mentioned that he had things planned. F1gment and I are both wondering if he has managed to makes plans for his daughter and him to join us? :D

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 201
Joined: Jul Sun 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by GeoffS » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:19 pm

If you really want to give him a Disney overdose, ask him to go with you to the Walt Disney Family Museum in 'Frisco while you're there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:48 pm

GeoffS wrote:If you really want to give him a Disney overdose, ask him to go with you to the Walt Disney Family Museum in 'Frisco while you're there.
I most definitely want to go to the museum! And I think my Mom is willing to go, but perhaps not quite as excited. I don't think either of my brothers would want to go...my one brother does live in a suburb of San Fran so the museum is on the docket!

Post Reply