A 2 man Disney bachelor party!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

A 2 man Disney bachelor party!

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Sat 27, 2013 1:34 pm

So there is a good chance that this Marauder may be heading up to WDW sooner than he thought! I am waiting to hear back from Soarin' to see if she can help out with a kinda spur of the moment 2 person bachelor party, with one day going to the Magic Kingdom/Epcot! My best friend is having his actual bachelor party at Cedar Rapids, in Ohio, and it will be way too expensive for me to go up there since I haven't worked in over a year being a stay at home dad. Luckily we have a free place to stay in Orlando, and also tickets I won to Universal. If anyone else can help out please let me know. I was thinking about getting the FL resident special, but that may still be too much for me right now. Just looking for 2 tickets for one day. Fingers crossed!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: A 2 man Disney bachelor party!

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 27, 2013 2:57 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:So there is a good chance that this Marauder may be heading up to WDW sooner than he thought! I am waiting to hear back from Soarin' to see if she can help out with a kinda spur of the moment 2 person bachelor party, with one day going to the Magic Kingdom/Epcot! My best friend is having his actual bachelor party at Cedar Rapids, in Ohio, and it will be way too expensive for me to go up there since I haven't worked in over a year being a stay at home dad. Luckily we have a free place to stay in Orlando, and also tickets I won to Universal. If anyone else can help out please let me know. I was thinking about getting the FL resident special, but that may still be too much for me right now. Just looking for 2 tickets for one day. Fingers crossed!
That's great news yodiwan1! best of luck with the tickets :D

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Sat 27, 2013 3:15 pm

thanks! Soarin' is checking the black out dates. I hope this can work out. That means at least one day is taken care of. My wife may let me use our Universal tickets for the other day if I can't find a second day, or if that weekend is blacked out to cast members. My wife would obviously, love for me not to use those and go with her, lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Sat 27, 2013 7:01 pm

and as quick as it came together, poof, POSTPONED!!! My best friend was not able to get off in May, so September it is!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 27, 2013 10:33 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:and as quick as it came together, poof, POSTPONED!!! My best friend was not able to get off in May, so September it is!
Is that closer to the actual bachelor party? At least that gives you a few more months to get things sorted and hopefully save a little money :D

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Mon 29, 2013 7:39 am

yeah, the actual party is going to be in Aug, with the wedding in Dec. At lease crowds will be light. =)

heatherk1183
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by heatherk1183 » May Sun 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I have never been in Dec, but I keep hearing that the crowds are light. It's hard to imagine, because the DVC availability is so limited at that time of year. It's just so affordable with points at that time.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 05, 2013 4:28 pm

heatherk1183 wrote:I have never been in Dec, but I keep hearing that the crowds are light. It's hard to imagine, because the DVC availability is so limited at that time of year. It's just so affordable with points at that time.
We generally go in late November or early to mid December. It is slower, but certainly not as empty as it used to be many years ago. I think WDW has done a good job spreading the festivals and special occasions throughout the year to keep a more steady attendance. That being said, it is definitely more crowded the closer to the holidays you go!

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » May Mon 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Amy wrote:
heatherk1183 wrote:I have never been in Dec, but I keep hearing that the crowds are light. It's hard to imagine, because the DVC availability is so limited at that time of year. It's just so affordable with points at that time.
We generally go in late November or early to mid December. It is slower, but certainly not as empty as it used to be many years ago. I think WDW has done a good job spreading the festivals and special occasions throughout the year to keep a more steady attendance. That being said, it is definitely more crowded the closer to the holidays you go!
We were there December 2-11 last year. Crowds were light compared to most other times - especially vs. the summer months. I don't think we waited more than 15-20 minutes for anything, and many times we walked right in. The only events going on are the Pop Warner cheerleading and football national championships, but there are only a few dozen teams competing, so even if you add friends and family, that's only a few thousand "extra" people - not even noticeable in the 4 parks. Most of them are competing for most of the time they are there anyway. So, bottom line, fewer people, shorter lines, more fun you can pack into a day. Only downside is that the parks close earlier than most of the year, so that shortens the time in the parks each day. But at my age, that's not much of a negative since we got so much done during each day.
Hope you have a great time - no matter when you finally get there. Big plus - all the Christmas decorations are up and the mood is definitely Christamas-sy.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Wed 29, 2013 11:02 am

It's set, Sept27-29!!! Staying at ALl-Star Sports(fitting for a bachelor party), and tickets to MNSSHP for Friday! Saturday is still up in the air. Sunday we are having breakfast at one fo the resorts, then he actually wants to resort hop. Who am I to say no! Can't wait, and we didn't even know it was the F&W festival when we booked the dates! That is what we will be doing on Saturday if we get tickets. Can't wait, it's been far to long without a trip!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 29, 2013 11:08 am

yodiwan1 wrote:It's set, Sept27-29!!! Staying at ALl-Star Sports(fitting for a bachelor party), and tickets to MNSSHP for Friday! Saturday is still up in the air. Sunday we are having breakfast at one fo the resorts, then he actually wants to resort hop. Who am I to say no! Can't wait, and we didn't even know it was the F&W festival when we booked the dates! That is what we will be doing on Saturday if we get tickets. Can't wait, it's been far to long without a trip!
Sounds like a GREAT time. You don't need special tix for F&W. Just an Epcot ticket. And a hearty appetite, tolerance for a lot of people, and a bunch of $$. :) But it's fun.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Wed 29, 2013 11:10 am

Oh I know we do't need an extra ticket. Just don't know if we have tickets yet. lol Already have giftcards to use for the food though. :goofy_bounce:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 29, 2013 11:18 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Oh I know we do't need an extra ticket. Just don't know if we have tickets yet. lol Already have giftcards to use for the food though. :goofy_bounce:
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh. Gotcha. :) Those gift cards will really come in handy.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 29, 2013 11:45 am

I hope you can get tickets. I would think that would be kind of fun for all you guys to eat and drink your way around the world for the bachelor party :D

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » May Wed 29, 2013 12:24 pm

ironically, for my bach party I wanted everyone to go and do that..he said it was stupid and no one wanted to go to a theme park for a bach party...and now I am doing it for his!..how do I get one of those counters again btw I forgot. =(