I'm Sending You to Disney World (Or Disneyland!)

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

I'm Sending You to Disney World (Or Disneyland!)

Post by MW1218 » Mar Tue 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi everyone!

As you can probably tell, I've been privileged enough to be a member of the Subsonic forums for years. I love this site because not only does it give us a shot of Disney magic whenever the real world might be encroaching too much, but it also allows us to stay in touch with our fellow Disney brethren.

After years of being known as "The Disney Guy" to my friends, family and co-workers, I decided to take the plunge and investigate using my powers of Disney knowledge for good. I took the required training and tests, and am proud to say that I have founded Matt's Dream Destinations and become a Certified Disney Travel Planner, for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani and Adventures by Disney!

With Subsonic's permission, I am creating this thread to let you know that if you need any help in planning your trip to any of these destinations, that I am excited and ready to work with you!

So what exactly can you do for me?
I can take all of the work out of planning your next Disney vacation. From pricing rooms, applying discounts and booking, you'll never need to spend hours fiddling with the Disney hotel websites, or on the phone with Disney agents. In addition, never wake up at 6 AM to book dining reservations again! I will make all of your Advance Dining Reservations and book Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeovers, private tours and more for you. All you'll need to do is pack!

Sounds good. How much do you charge?
My services are completely free to my clients!

Oh, so you work for commission. I'm sure that you'll give me the hard sell to stay at the Grand Floridian and get the Deluxe Dining Plan?
Not at all! I've booked one-night stays at the Pop and two week vacations at Old Key West. Length of trip, extras like the dining plan, and tier of resorts don't matter to me. I'm just interested in making sure that you have the most magical trip possible!

What happens if I book a trip and Disney releases a discount for my travel window?
Whenever Disney releases a new offer, I will automatically run the numbers to make sure that you are paying the least amount possible for your trip!

This all sounds pretty great. How do I get in touch with you?
You can send me a PM to let me know that you're interested, or visit my website, like me on Facebookor follow me on Twitter. I'll also put new discounts in this thread whenever they're released.

So what are you waiting for? You deserve a Disney trip!

Thanks for reading! - Matt

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm Sending You to Disney World (Or Disneyland!)

Post by subsonic » Mar Tue 19, 2013 4:06 pm

All, I already talked with Matt and I endorse this. :) He's a good guy from what I've seen so far.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Very cool! Congratulations!
I am following you on Twitter and I liked your FB page. If we ever need assistance with trip planning, I will definitely keep you in mind! :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Thu 21, 2013 9:00 am

Good luck! :)

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Thu 21, 2013 12:59 pm

You've taken the big leap that many of us here would love to do! I've bookmarked your site and will let you know if I or any of my friends/family need anything.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 21, 2013 9:33 pm

This is a pretty cool deal! Congrats!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Sat 23, 2013 10:15 am

Matt, can you apply AP discounts for rooms and take those into consideration when calculating the best deal?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Mar Sun 24, 2013 10:16 pm

I sure can, Horizons!

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Apr Mon 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Hey Matt, congrats & good luck!

I've been debating on whether or not to do this myself since I am also referred to as "The Disney Guy" and have planned many trips for friends. Was it a long, expensive process, or just the opposite?

And based on your phone number it looks like you are in the Philly area?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I was just thinking (scary, I know...) ...

Maybe this thread could/should be pinned to stay at the top of Trip Planning? Then we can find it easily.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Mon 01, 2013 6:57 pm

I will definitely keep this in mind! This is great info to have, thank you!

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Apr Tue 02, 2013 11:02 am

Chernabog wrote:Hey Matt, congrats & good luck!

I've been debating on whether or not to do this myself since I am also referred to as "The Disney Guy" and have planned many trips for friends. Was it a long, expensive process, or just the opposite?

And based on your phone number it looks like you are in the Philly area?
Yes, I'm in Horsham, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia. And I can tell you, that for veterans of boards like this like we are, Chernabog, the process was a snap! Some agencies will charge you for access to the College of Disney Knowledge, or for the materials they say that you need. These are the ones you need to steer clear of. I'm affiliated with Academy Travel, and I haven't paid them a dime. What you do put in is your time for the online courses (about an hour-2 hours apiece for Disney World, Disneyland, Cruise Line, Adventures by and Aulani) and take the short tests afterward. Once you complete the prerequisites, you've earned your certificiation as an official Disney trip planner, and you're on your way!

If you do decide to do this, let me know if you have any questions! I'd be happy to provide whatever info I can.

Also NEW OFFER!

Book now until June 14th to get up to 30% off of Walt Disney World room reservations for travel from June 13 - August 14th. For more information, send me a PM, and the Current Deals page of my site in the OP has been updated. Also keep in mind the ongoing offer for Disneyland,up to 20% off on most Sunday-Thursday night stays and up to 15% most Friday and Saturday nights, for arrivals April 7 – May 22, 2013. Two night minimum stay, and must be booked by April 27th.

:goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Can I ask how being a certified as a official Disney trip planner works? I see a lot of them popping up on Facebook now, and they all mention that they don't charge. But certainly there has to more than job satisfaction to be willing to spend lots of time on hold trying to get the best offers and spending the time trying to get dining ressies.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Apr Wed 03, 2013 7:32 am

We're paid, just not by our clients. We're paid by Disney directly. Every agency is unique, but usually they get a percentage of your earnings in exchange for the use of their agency certification for enrollment in the College of Disney Knowledge and Disney Travel Agent websites.

In addition, if you generate enough sales, you qualify for a large discount at a Disney destination once a year, along with free tickets. Some agencies also do on-site training trips at WDW and Disneyland, with extremely discounted rooms, free tickets and meals.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 03, 2013 8:13 am

MW1218 wrote:We're paid, just not by our clients. We're paid by Disney directly. Every agency is unique, but usually they get a percentage of your earnings in exchange for the use of their agency certification for enrollment in the College of Disney Knowledge and Disney Travel Agent websites.

In addition, if you generate enough sales, you qualify for a large discount at a Disney destination once a year, along with free tickets. Some agencies also do on-site training trips at WDW and Disneyland, with extremely discounted rooms, free tickets and meals.
Thanks - I was curious :ccat: it does sound like a fun job!