Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 418
Joined: Sep Sat 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Image

(confirmed attendee list at the bottom of this post was updated 12-8-11 by Mousekedude)

Arrrrrrr maties! It be that time of year again for the call to all the brethren to go forth to meet at WDW for part deux of the Subsonic Mayhem Marauders meet-up!

We had such a wonderful time last year and thought it would be nice to see what we could scheme up for 2012. I know there are several of us who are training to run a race or two and will be in The World for the Disney Marathon Weekend. We would love to meet up with you and put the User Name with a face.
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/ru ... -marathon/

Mousekedude and I are planning on being there from January 4th – 14th. If there are enough of us, maybe we can schedule a few Subsonic meet-ups!
This thread will be dedicated to discussions related to our January trip for those who can make it.

Your fellow Marauder
Mouseoholic!

Confirmed Mayhem Marauders that will be attending:
Mousekecouple - Jan 4th - 14th 2012 - Boardwalk
Mindflipper - most likely day-trippin' it
Double Boilers - Jan 4th - 14th 2012 - Boardwalk
Soarin'08 staying offsite, but that doesn't matter, cuz she's a C.M!!!!! :D
wewantsdaredhead - Jan 6th - 12th 2012
Nacler - Brief Appearance
MadEye - most likely brief appearance
cccmouse - Jan 5th - 9th
yodiwan1 - Jan 7th
Mmeleota and Chernabog40 - Jan 5th - 9th - Caribbean Beach
cousininmiami - Jan 6th - 8th (possible)
Last edited by Mouseoholic on Dec Thu 08, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 418
Joined: Sep Sat 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 11, 2011 6:55 pm

BTW my sincere apologies for not having been on the boards sooner. Our life since Disney this past December has been crazy. Also, since we had no idea of when we would be returning to The World it was painful to be reminded of all that we had to leave behind. Now that a trip is in the works, it is nice to be back! :wave:

I missed you guys (faint sounds of sobbing and sniffling)
Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Oh how I hope to be able to make it ~ especially since there will be some new faces along with the familiar ones! Time will have to tell though...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 11, 2011 7:40 pm

On board with meet-up, Cap'n Sir!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Welcome back Mouseoholic!!! We've sure missed the Mousekecouple around here!!!

We were originally trying to plan a trip for October, but it won't work out. Then we were thinking about early next year, and lo and behold a January trip is in the works. Once we see how the next couple of months go (and once we get past the trip next month) we'll know better if we can truly make it happen. We'd love to participate more than just being faces on a steeck. ;) We're really hoping this will work out so we can finally meet some fellow MM's!!! :mrgreen:

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 418
Joined: Sep Sat 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 11, 2011 8:33 pm

And we are off to a good start. Amy and MmeLeota I really hope it works out. I know we were also not sure but slowly things have fallen into place. Just keep us posted. MmeLeota, I would so much prefer you in person than the cardboard :figment:

Amy and her mom made little special gifts for all those who joined us last year. It was really a nice touch.

The Dole Whip meet-up is a for sure thing with Wishes from the Poly. This time I will make sure to have my camera charged! I think we should also do another family dinner somewhere. Maybe Len will be able to join us in person this time. However, if not, we will be sure to get him on the Bat Phone.

I am keeping track of all those who are interested in meeting up on the first page of this thread. So far we have Mindflipper and the Double Boilers. The Boilers are also going to run several races (big surprise).

Mouseoholic!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Mouseoholic wrote: MmeLeota, I would so much prefer you in person than the cardboard :figment:
Wait! MmeLeota was cardboard?!? :shock: No wonder she didn't respond to any of my questions... :wink: :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Fingers crossed to be joining this time! If things work out, I will move to Orlando around Christmas for classes to start on the 9th of January at UCF. It should go to plan. Looks that way thus far!

I'll also be part-time with WDW by then so if I'm there, don't hesitate to take advantage of the discounts I can provide... :wink:
Image

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Fingers crossed to be joining this time! If things work out, I will move to Orlando around Christmas for classes to start on the 9th of January at UCF. It should go to plan. Looks that way thus far!

I'll also be part-time with WDW by then so if I'm there, don't hesitate to take advantage of the discounts I can provide... :wink:
Discounts?!? :shock: Sweet! :twisted: :mrgreen: :mickey:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 9:57 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Fingers crossed to be joining this time! If things work out, I will move to Orlando around Christmas for classes to start on the 9th of January at UCF. It should go to plan. Looks that way thus far!

I'll also be part-time with WDW by then so if I'm there, don't hesitate to take advantage of the discounts I can provide... :wink:
Discounts?!? :shock: Sweet! :twisted: :mrgreen: :mickey:
Yeah on EVERYTHING, no joke...

This also reminds me 'twould be best to save the four free tickets I'll get by years' end just in case...
Image

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 830
Joined: Sep Wed 16, 2009 10:30 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Tue 12, 2011 5:45 am

Discounts...what's this?? :) ;)

Anyway...
Yours truly WWDRH (AKA Henry) and crew will be there from the 6th through the 12th or so---
Still finalizing plans, but I already paid for the half-marathon and my sis-in-law booked her timeshare so there is no turning back now!
Six months away and this is already getting exciting!!!

Soooo many questions...
If NaCler moves to JAX will he join us for a Dole Whip?
Is mindflipper really pale as he looks in his pictures from last year's meetup?
Is Len90 really that much of a fanatic about WDW Transportation?
Will Soarin08 come through with some major discounts? ;) :D

I can't wait to meet some (all!) of you in january.

H

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 6:07 am

mindflipper wrote:
Mouseoholic wrote: MmeLeota, I would so much prefer you in person than the cardboard :figment:
Wait! MmeLeota was cardboard?!? :shock: No wonder she didn't respond to any of my questions... :wink: :lol:
Ah-ha-ha! :lol: Great start to my day today mindflipper :D
mindflipper wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Fingers crossed to be joining this time! If things work out, I will move to Orlando around Christmas for classes to start on the 9th of January at UCF. It should go to plan. Looks that way thus far!

I'll also be part-time with WDW by then so if I'm there, don't hesitate to take advantage of the discounts I can provide... :wink:
Discounts?!? :shock: Sweet! :twisted: :mrgreen: :mickey:
Cool! You might want to save the discount tickets for family though, they might be mad if you give them to your mischievous subsonic siblings instead :shock: :roll: ;) :lol:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Discounts...what's this?? :) ;)
Anyway...
Yours truly WWDRH (AKA Henry) and crew will be there from the 6th through the 12th or so---
Still finalizing plans, but I already paid for the half-marathon and my sis-in-law booked her timeshare so there is no turning back now!
Six months away and this is already getting exciting!!!
Soooo many questions...
If NaCler moves to JAX will he join us for a Dole Whip?
Is mindflipper really pale as he looks in his pictures from last year's meetup?
Is Len90 really that much of a fanatic about WDW Transportation?
Will Soarin08 come through with some major discounts? ;) :D
I can't wait to meet some (all!) of you in january.
H
Wahhhh :cry: Now I must figure out how to go! I want to meet H and his brood!!! :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by NaCler » Jul Tue 12, 2011 6:23 am

Ahhh... this is good news I wanted to hear. While we (wife and I) haven't been training to run as we had originally planned (that took a steep dive about 3 weeks in) I will be a LOT closer to WDW and MAY be able to get away for a day or so. I would love to be there to root you runners on.

WWDRH - I am definitely moving back to JAX as I resigned from my job yesterday, so, "there's no turning back now..."

Mouseoholic - I don't know what my situation will be like in January but go ahead and pencil me in for AT LEAST a brief appearance.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 6:42 am

:shock: Whoa! Good luck NaCler ~ I think you will be happier nearer your family for sure. Another reason to find time/money to get to WDW in January...my brother from another Mother will be there :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by NaCler » Jul Tue 12, 2011 6:49 am

Amy wrote::shock: Whoa! Good luck NaCler ~ I think you will be happier nearer your family for sure. Another reason to find time/money to get to WDW in January...my brother from another Mother will be there :D
Thanks sis! :wink: I hope I can meet up with you and momma before those passes expire. Let me know, so I can at least try to make a day trip. As far as I know we are still planning on going in October.

Post Reply