Port Orleans Riverside and Magical Express

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Mar Wed 18, 2009 2:30 pm

cccmouse wrote:My mom used the ME last month when she and my sister went to DW and stayed at POFQ. On the day before she was to return home her luggage finally arrived at her room. Someone from the hotel had to take her to Walmart to buy some clothes and stuff. I'm sure that this was a rare exception, but I would suggest that if you have anything that you really need when you arrive that you carry it on with you.
What airline? Did you ever learn where the bags were that whole time?

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Mar Sat 28, 2009 10:11 am

FlyingMouse wrote:
cccmouse wrote:My mom used the ME last month when she and my sister went to DW and stayed at POFQ. On the day before she was to return home her luggage finally arrived at her room. Someone from the hotel had to take her to Walmart to buy some clothes and stuff. I'm sure that this was a rare exception, but I would suggest that if you have anything that you really need when you arrive that you carry it on with you.
What airline? Did you ever learn where the bags were that whole time?[/qu

Delta I believe. After being told by the people at the hotel that they were certain that the bags did arrive at POFQ but were simply delivered to the wrong room, it turned out that they were at the Orlando airport all the time.

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Aug Sat 22, 2009 9:22 pm

I'll take the magical express bus, but I'm never giving them my bags again.

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Aug Sat 22, 2009 9:53 pm

A similar thing happen to us. We checked in late at night around 1:00 am because our flight was delayed, they took the luggage at the airport we couldn't get it before going to bed, they said later, it was OK, but they said it would be brought up by morning, well by morning came and we went down and got it ourselves. So we knew right then that the luggage part really doesn't work that well. So the next day we were switching hotels due to a sale going on. We checked in before check in time, they said the room wasn't ready, which was OK we expected that, but what we also knew was that if we left our luggage with the magical express transfer, that they would say that we would have our luggage by 6 pm in our new room but we knew it wouldn't come true. Well we we came back around 10 pm we knew it wouldn't be in our room, so we went right to luggage place and there it it was, we brought it up ourselves. It was kinda a test for us so we weren't mad, but we said from then on we would take the ride from the airport to WDW but we would never let them handle our luggage again.

BeautysBeast
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by BeautysBeast » Oct Sat 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Seems like it's been awhile since this thread was posted on, but I'm going to weigh in here just in case.
No offense to anyone, but it sounds like the real problem with abrcrmbegrl20 was luggage that was too wide. Everyone needs to take responsibility for researching meeting the requirements and limitations on luggage ahead of time, simple as that. We stayed at P.O. twice, and never had any problems. In fact, on one occasion our flight was delayed four hours, and we still had no luggage glitches. We have been to the World four times since '06 and are planning our fifth trip for this December, and have always used Magical Express every time with no problems, no matter what resort we stay at. We have stayed at several different resorts. This trip we are going to Saratoga Springs, and you can bet we will be using Magical Express again.
"Oh, it's no use. She's so beautiful, and I'm... Well, look at me!"

jcat2312
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by jcat2312 » Dec Mon 07, 2009 9:18 am

We've done Magical Express with POR twice and we did not have an issue either time! It was a wonderful process. We won't hesitate to use it again next time!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Port Orleans Riverside and Magical Express

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Tue 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I have used the magical express to por twice and it was exceptional once and ho hum the second time, the drivers and other cast members were not friendly but got the job done.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:42 pm

I am really sorry about your experience. 4 out of our 5 trips have been with Disney's Magical Express. We never encountered missing luggage or issues with Magical Express. 2 of those 5 stays were at POR. The only challenge that you have to accept is that after arrival to Orlando you may sit on the bus for an hour before you depart for your hotel and the fact that they pick you up several hours before your flight is scheduled to depart. I understand their reasons and accept them. When we take the Magical Express we have a rule of “No Complaining”. It’s free!

On our last trip we decided to use Happy Limo service. I know the name seems a bit odd but they were very professional and we will use them again on our next trip, if we can afford it… IT WAS WELL WORTH THE EXPENSE!!!! I can't stress this enough. Did I say it loud enough!! LOL

Sorry it really made our trip magical. They even stopped and took us to a local grocery store to pick up a few items. It saved us the expense of having groceries delivered using Garden Grocers. If you can swing it, I highly recommend skipping Magical Express and hiring a car for airport transfers. To read more about our experience you can read about it on our trip report “Mousekecouple December 09 Trip Report”.

Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:48 pm

We have used the Magical Express at least once and the two concerns you voiced would have been my only ones as well...sometimes a long wait at the airport on the bus, and a seemingly very early pickup for your flight. We would also agree with the "don't complain, it's free" since they get you safely between the two destinations while keeping you on time.
Might I ask what the charge for the Happy Limo was? I've seen it advertised on the Intercot Insider...we might have to have some sort of grocery run ourselves since I normally pack a week's worth of granola bars and cheese and peanut butter crackers in my check-on. I will need to weigh whether I am saving money or not with the new baggage fees! :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Our only complaint with the Magical Express is the way tooooo early pick up time taking you back to the airport! Otherwise we've been super lucky with heading to resort with a not too long wait and our luggage has arrived fairly quickly too. I hope I did not just jinx us! :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 18, 2010 10:03 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Our only complaint with the Magical Express is the way tooooo early pick up time taking you back to the airport! Otherwise we've been super lucky with heading to resort with a not too long wait and our luggage has arrived fairly quickly too. I hope I did not just jinx us! :shock:
I'm thinking that has to be them covering their butts to make sure people do not miss their flights...it is sad :( to sit in the airport thinking of all the attractions you could have gone on, the shopping you could have done, that one last snack you could have had instead of listening to the screaming baby in the terminal and reallllllly hoping the child is going on another flight!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 19, 2010 10:30 am

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Our only complaint with the Magical Express is the way tooooo early pick up time taking you back to the airport! Otherwise we've been super lucky with heading to resort with a not too long wait and our luggage has arrived fairly quickly too. I hope I did not just jinx us! :shock:
I'm thinking that has to be them covering their butts to make sure people do not miss their flights...it is sad :( to sit in the airport thinking of all the attractions you could have gone on, the shopping you could have done, that one last snack you could have had instead of listening to the screaming baby in the terminal and reallllllly hoping the child is going on another flight!

I agree Amy, we've always thought they want to make sure you don't miss your flight. But, would that be such a bad thing?!?!?! :D They could at least give you 45 mins. longer! It's such agony sitting at the airport 2 hours before your flight leaves. I always sit there is disbelief that I have to return to reality. I usually look at my pictures and try to scheme for our next trip!!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jul Wed 21, 2010 8:28 pm

We have used the tiffany town car service and had really good luck with that. Friendly drivers are the norm but they don't speak English well most of the time. Stoping at the store is a must, I love going to publix before we get on property. I love going in because I know it is the last bit of the real world I am going to see for a while.

wdwparksgal
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by wdwparksgal » Jul Sun 25, 2010 9:07 pm

FlyingMouse wrote:All Walt Disney World® -owned and -operated resorts offer this service for Guests arriving at the Orlando International Airport with the exception of Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. This service is also not offered for Walt Disney World® Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, and Downtown Disney® Area resorts. Disney's Magical Express is not available for Guests arriving at other Central Florida airports For more info about this service, please visit our Disney's Magical Express FAQ.

From what I've read, Port Orleans Riverside is located in the Downtown Disney Area. Is it not serviced by Magical Express then? If it's not, then I'm going to select a different hotel.

Anybody know for sure???

Thanks!!!
I have used the express several times from MCO to Port Orleans. Excellent service, fast, reliable, friendly and comfortable.
Walt Disney World. Home away from Home.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 26, 2010 10:26 am

DH and I have also used the Magical Express from MCO to POFQ.