I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 29, 2015 10:05 pm

6 and 13 for me (planning on going the next two Saturday's)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 29, 2015 10:19 pm

NaCler wrote:6 and 13 for me (planning on going the next two Saturday's)
Nice! Will you be able to stay the night the first Saturday so you don't have so much driving?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 01, 2015 7:04 am

Ooops, missed a day in the countdown. Good thing I never tried out for that job at NASA! ;) :lol:
7...and now 6

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by cy1229 » Dec Tue 01, 2015 10:45 am

Amy wrote:Ooops, missed a day in the countdown. Good thing I never tried out for that job at NASA! ;) :lol:
7...and now 6
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be too excited to concentrate on anything else at this point if I had only 6 days until a great trip.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 01, 2015 2:53 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Ooops, missed a day in the countdown. Good thing I never tried out for that job at NASA! ;) :lol:
7...and now 6
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be too excited to concentrate on anything else at this point if I had only 6 days until a great trip.
So much happening that it seems I can't even sit for a second and enjoy the upcoming trip ~ have to deal with reapplying for health insurance, which is always a huge hassle, found out today I have one regular piano family that will have to cut their lesson commitment in half for the foreseeable future, the occasional grindy noise that happens under the car hood (which did not happen for the mechanic when I had it in!) has crunched a good one in the last few days :shock: you know, the usual. But I do keep smiling because I know that vacation is coming closer no matter if we are ready or not ~ and once I get on that plane, I have 9 whole days where I don't have to drive, think about health insurance, wrangle unruly students, etc., etc., etc. Ahhhhhh 8-)

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 207
Joined: Sep Mon 18, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Metalfan » Dec Wed 02, 2015 8:06 am

49!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 02, 2015 10:27 am

Metalfan wrote:49!
Sweet!

Down to 5 here :shock:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by cy1229 » Dec Wed 02, 2015 12:01 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Ooops, missed a day in the countdown. Good thing I never tried out for that job at NASA! ;) :lol:
7...and now 6
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be too excited to concentrate on anything else at this point if I had only 6 days until a great trip.
So much happening that it seems I can't even sit for a second and enjoy the upcoming trip ~ have to deal with reapplying for health insurance, which is always a huge hassle, found out today I have one regular piano family that will have to cut their lesson commitment in half for the foreseeable future, the occasional grindy noise that happens under the car hood (which did not happen for the mechanic when I had it in!) has crunched a good one in the last few days :shock: you know, the usual. But I do keep smiling because I know that vacation is coming closer no matter if we are ready or not ~ and once I get on that plane, I have 9 whole days where I don't have to drive, think about health insurance, wrangle unruly students, etc., etc., etc. Ahhhhhh 8-)
To assist your mechanic, try to find a pattern in when the crunching noise occurs. Starting it cold? Restarting it warm? Certain air/moisture conditions? At certain speeds? Only at idle? Etc. Put your good scientist analytical skills to work. :)

I think you shouldn't try to do anything vacation-wise until the day before you go. Then open the suitcases, mad-dash throw everything in it, zip it up, go online and stop your mail, Phone the police department to let them know you'll be away, clean out your fridge of perishables and take them to your neighbors (who wants to come home to sour milk? eew) then order a pizza and let the vacation begin.

FWIW, one thing I bought before my 3-week trip to California this summer was a set of packing cubes / bags. I didn't spend a bunch, something like $30 for 5 of them. Made packing really simple. I put our swim suits and my cover-up in one, all my underroos and socks go in another, etc. Then the bags just go into a suitcase. Also bought a set of zippered mesh bags, four different sizes ranging from 3x5 to 8x8, that hold stuff like my portable battery and cable, my mp3 player and headphones, medicines, etc. Another good organizer. Those were $6 for the set on Amazon. :) If you can swing it, you might think about these two items to make your packing simpler. And don't forget about the pizza.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 02, 2015 12:40 pm

cy1229 wrote:I think you shouldn't try to do anything vacation-wise until the day before you go. Then open the suitcases, mad-dash throw everything in it, zip it up, go online and stop your mail, Phone the police department to let them know you'll be away, clean out your fridge of perishables and take them to your neighbors (who wants to come home to sour milk? eew) then order a pizza and let the vacation begin.

FWIW, one thing I bought before my 3-week trip to California this summer was a set of packing cubes / bags. I didn't spend a bunch, something like $30 for 5 of them. Made packing really simple. I put our swim suits and my cover-up in one, all my underroos and socks go in another, etc. Then the bags just go into a suitcase. Also bought a set of zippered mesh bags, four different sizes ranging from 3x5 to 8x8, that hold stuff like my portable battery and cable, my mp3 player and headphones, medicines, etc. Another good organizer. Those were $6 for the set on Amazon. :) If you can swing it, you might think about these two items to make your packing simpler. And don't forget about the pizza.
There sadly seems to be no rhyme or reason to the noise under the hood :( All day yesterday I fired up the voice memo or video on the old iphone before starting it and it purred to life each and every time. Will try to remember to continue doing that as it seems to behave fine when it knows someone/thing is listening ;) :lol:

Oh, the mad packing dash is definitely slated for Sunday. I moved laundry day up a day to Saturday so everything will be ready to pack the next day. We love the packing cubes and little mesh organizers. Already got those, although I might need to track some of them down as they don't always get back to where they belong when we get home. I got the electronics sorted/charged/separated into their own mesh bag a few weeks back, although I am still trying to decide how many, if any, digital recorders I want to take along. I might skip those this time around as I didn't have a great track record with recording last time ~ too many variables trying to figure out optimal levels without taking a bit more time than I wanted to on the last trip. I can always record something on my phone or camera if I really want to. And there are so many good videos online now, it is tempting to just (try to) relax and enjoy the moment!
Thanks for the reminder on the mail ~ I should put that note out in the box today. No point in calling the police, they don't do anything like that around here ~ haven't for years.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 03, 2015 2:38 pm

4 ~ only 4 ~ too much to do, ack!
Oh, and breaking in a second pair of new shoes. I wore my other shoes for errands this morning and probably covered about a mile or two at the most and my feet were done :( Luckily I had bought two via mail order. I had been debating about keeping the second pair, but this morning sort of helped me make that decision!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug Fri 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: N of the 49th

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Dec Thu 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Amy wrote:4 ~ only 4 ~ too much to do, ack!
Breathe! You can do it! 9 days at Disney...I'm jealous ;) Lots of time to see and do everything right? Good luck with the packing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 03, 2015 9:54 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:
Amy wrote:4 ~ only 4 ~ too much to do, ack!
Breathe! You can do it! 9 days at Disney...I'm jealous ;) Lots of time to see and do everything right? Good luck with the packing.
:lol: :lol: Yeah, I should start worrying about when I get back ~ I'll be teaching until almost 8:30 the night after we get back so I will likely be a tired puppy by then :shock:
I'm hoping that 9 days is enough. It always seems like a long time but then the days really start flying by!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 04, 2015 7:12 pm

3! Although today is almost over really. Poor Figment thought we were leaving on Sunday. I asked her yesterday why she was so worried about all her packing and all the scurrying around she was doing when we still had 4 days. That's when I found out she was thinking we were leaving a day sooner ~ oops.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 05, 2015 8:09 am

2! Just 2!!
The mysterious, unbidden smile has started to creep onto my face, along with the slight look of terror in my eyes that comes with realizing I haven't packed anything, made any lists, and have so much stuff to do...but there is still a whole 'nother day to get it all done after today ~ Hakuna Matata! :lol:

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 357
Joined: Apr Sat 21, 2012 7:18 am
Location: Yorktown,Virginia

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Thumper1 » Dec Sat 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Amy wrote:2! Just 2!!
The mysterious, unbidden smile has started to creep onto my face, along with the slight look of terror in my eyes that comes with realizing I haven't packed anything, made any lists, and have so much stuff to do...but there is still a whole 'nother day to get it all done after today ~ Hakuna Matata! :lol:
This is soooo exciting!! I wish I was going for nine whole days!! I hope you and f1gment enjoy yourselves!!! Say Hi to Mickey for me!! :mickey:

Post Reply