I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 08, 2013 11:06 am

Amy wrote: It is definitely a less crowded time of year, although with all the offers and promotions of reduced rooms and free dining, the "slow" times of year are seemingly becoming a thing of the past...
I totally agree that there doesn't seem to be any 'slow' times like there used to be. When I was younger, we would go mid-October and it was perfect and SO quiet. Now with so many added events, F&W, MNSSHP, free dining, etc -- I don't feel like there is ever a quiet time with slow wait times.
I just want to be able to go on Toy Story Midway Mania a bunch of times in a row! :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote: It is definitely a less crowded time of year, although with all the offers and promotions of reduced rooms and free dining, the "slow" times of year are seemingly becoming a thing of the past...
I totally agree that there doesn't seem to be any 'slow' times like there used to be. When I was younger, we would go mid-October and it was perfect and SO quiet. Now with so many added events, F&W, MNSSHP, free dining, etc -- I don't feel like there is ever a quiet time with slow wait times.
I just want to be able to go on Toy Story Midway Mania a bunch of times in a row! :lol:
Totally agree, October used to be AWESOME. We went last year during fall break, and I was astounded, dismayed, and downright shocked at how packed the parks were. My girlfriend and her mother-in-law and family are all going down on Saturday for a week. She didn't know where they're staying, probably off-site, etc. I was dismayed at the lack of pre-planning she did, but she's not the type to really look at a trip like this and plan things out. At any rate, I did warn her that Epcot will be great because of F&W but also crowded because of it. And don't get me started on ADR's. Egad. :)

November should be a great time for everything except the possibility of a wayward tropical storm or hurricane spoiling your trip. But the odds of that are pretty low so I wouldn't let it determine anything. And there's a good chance you'll be able to score a reduced room rate or free dining. If not, look into renting DVC points. There's a thread about it somewhere...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 08, 2013 3:18 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:
Totally agree, October used to be AWESOME. We went last year during fall break, and I was astounded, dismayed, and downright shocked at how packed the parks were. My girlfriend and her mother-in-law and family are all going down on Saturday for a week. She didn't know where they're staying, probably off-site, etc. I was dismayed at the lack of pre-planning she did, but she's not the type to really look at a trip like this and plan things out. At any rate, I did warn her that Epcot will be great because of F&W but also crowded because of it. And don't get me started on ADR's. Egad. :)

November should be a great time for everything except the possibility of a wayward tropical storm or hurricane spoiling your trip. But the odds of that are pretty low so I wouldn't let it determine anything. And there's a good chance you'll be able to score a reduced room rate or free dining. If not, look into renting DVC points. There's a thread about it somewhere...
We actually have been going around the same time for the past couple year (late October/early November) and have found the crowds to still be quite busy and the weather to be quite nice. With that, this year we were able to get free dining while staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Very excited about staying there (never have) as well as the free dining. I still can't get over how much money it saves. And esp with F&W, using our snack credits there will be wonderful.
With how much food you get in the quick service meals, we almost always split those because it is more than enough food. I'm just hoping we can do a couple walk up table service restaurants, as I haven't made as many rezzies as I would have liked.
We also have rented DVC points and found that to be a great deal as well. Minus the fact that you cant' get free dining if it is offered.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Tue 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Goofyfan wrote:Now that is a sad picture...When I win powerball "Ya right", We are going to Book a room for a month at a time at each resort. LOL :D :mickey: Oh no....reality is setting in.... :cry: :goofy:
it is called 'Golden Oak' and you need the 5br unit

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/goldeno ... Lot_57.pdf

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Tue 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Belle1082 wrote:

We too were told October was the best month to go....Boy was it ever busy. LOL....but thats ok... We were at Disney. Even the fast pass for Toy Story Mania was out at 11:30 in the morning... Holy Cow :shock: :x :shock: I belive that you hit the nail on the head about all the promotions going on at different times of the year. It kind of fills in the slow times.

TurkeyLeg
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by TurkeyLeg » Oct Wed 09, 2013 10:39 am

20 More days :goofy_bounce:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Wed 09, 2013 11:08 am

TurkeyLeg wrote:20 More days :goofy_bounce:
Woot! Please keep the Mickey bus sets warmed up for us! One month to go!

TurkeyLeg

Post by TurkeyLeg » Oct Tue 15, 2013 9:35 am

:goofy_bounce: 14 MORE DAYS :hm_ghost:

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 10:35 am

18 Days!!!

Although I'm frustrated right now trying to set up the FastPass+ reservations and get everything set! Grrrr

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Tue 15, 2013 6:30 pm

TurkeyLeg wrote: :goofy_bounce: 14 MORE DAYS :hm_ghost:
Belle1082 wrote:18 Days!!!

Although I'm frustrated right now trying to set up the FastPass+ reservations and get everything set! Grrrr
I'm 22 days but I am still jealous of Y'all!!!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Wed 16, 2013 2:11 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:

32!

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Wed 16, 2013 2:18 pm

3 weeks from RIGHT NOW!!!

TurkeyLeg

Post by TurkeyLeg » Oct Thu 17, 2013 11:25 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:

Haha :lol:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Thu 17, 2013 11:30 am

We are now down to TWO WEEKS and 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Oh Me Gee!!!!!!!!

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Oct Thu 17, 2013 2:08 pm

3 weeks to go