I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by momeja » Feb Sat 05, 2011 9:12 am

spaulo wrote:
NaCler wrote:Congrats spaulo. How often do you get to go?
From 2002-2009 I went at least twice (either Disneyland x 2 or Disneyland + WDW) each year. In a money-saving effort, my wife and I decided we would not go to any Disney park in 2010.

Hardest year of my adult life.
No wonder you're excited. I would be, too. Have a great trip!

jmenjes
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 138
Joined: Oct Fri 03, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: 200 miles south of the World

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by jmenjes » Feb Mon 07, 2011 1:43 pm

56 days from now I should be (hopefully) just about to step off a northbound Silver Meteor at the Orlando Amtrak station.
11/12 - All Star Sports (1 night), free upgrade to AKL Jambo House (4 nights)
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 - Pop Century
4/06, 4/05 - All Star Sports
00 - Offsite
11/99 - Fort Wilderness
Before 99 - Lost count along the way

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by mindflipper » Feb Mon 07, 2011 2:19 pm

jmenjes wrote:56 days from now I should be (hopefully) just about to step off a northbound Silver Meteor at the Orlando Amtrak station.
Traveling by train? If so, you need to include some photos of the train trip in a trip report! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 07, 2011 2:50 pm

mindflipper wrote:
jmenjes wrote:56 days from now I should be (hopefully) just about to step off a northbound Silver Meteor at the Orlando Amtrak station.
Traveling by train? If so, you need to include some photos of the train trip in a trip report! :D
That would be cool! How long does it take to travel from where you are to WDW via the train jmenjes?

jmenjes
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 138
Joined: Oct Fri 03, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: 200 miles south of the World

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by jmenjes » Feb Mon 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Usually about a 4-and-a-half to 5 hour ride north (on at 9:04 am, off at 1:43 pm), 5 to 5-and-a-half hours south (1:10 pm to 6:18 pm), all depending on other rail traffic. The round-trip is about $72.

As far as pics, there's really only a couple of decent picture opportunities, where the tracks are next to a couple of lakes (one outside of Sebring, one at Winter Haven, and one more by Lake Alfred). It's a bit tough to get a decent picture traveling at 79 mph, though.

(Just saw the Aaron Rodgers "I'm going to Disney World!" ad. Nicely done.)
11/12 - All Star Sports (1 night), free upgrade to AKL Jambo House (4 nights)
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 - Pop Century
4/06, 4/05 - All Star Sports
00 - Offsite
11/99 - Fort Wilderness
Before 99 - Lost count along the way

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 07, 2011 8:59 pm

We will settle for photos of the train and seating inside ~ we aren't too picky ;) :lol:
$72 sounds pretty good for the trip...a lot cheaper than you could get by for in gas!!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 07, 2011 11:08 pm

12 days left until we leave! I'm counting down to single digits and online check in right now, but everything is going... so... slowly...
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by mindflipper » Feb Mon 07, 2011 11:17 pm

jmenjes wrote:Usually about a 4-and-a-half to 5 hour ride north (on at 9:04 am, off at 1:43 pm), 5 to 5-and-a-half hours south (1:10 pm to 6:18 pm), all depending on other rail traffic. The round-trip is about $72.

As far as pics, there's really only a couple of decent picture opportunities, where the tracks are next to a couple of lakes (one outside of Sebring, one at Winter Haven, and one more by Lake Alfred). It's a bit tough to get a decent picture traveling at 79 mph, though.

(Just saw the Aaron Rodgers "I'm going to Disney World!" ad. Nicely done.)
I gotta admit with Amy the Train sounds economical - gas is getting high $$$ again. And I agree with Amy - I've not been on a train in this state, so I wonder what accomodations are like.

BTW my local news reported Aaron Rodgers was at DISNEYLAND when you could clearly see it was WDW MK castle in the background. Maybe they needed to watch that commercial in order to report the news better? (what idiots!) :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 08, 2011 6:43 am

mindflipper wrote:...BTW my local news reported Aaron Rodgers was at DISNEYLAND when you could clearly see it was WDW MK castle in the background. Maybe they needed to watch that commercial in order to report the news better? (what idiots!) :lol:
That is really bad when the local news doesn't even call the park by the right name! :roll: :(

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun Tue 26, 2007 12:56 pm

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by MW1218 » Feb Tue 08, 2011 8:33 am

Zero!! It's today!!! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 08, 2011 9:17 am

MW1218 wrote:Zero!! It's today!!! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Have fun! I'm jealous!

I'm at 11 days now and time is still going so slowly!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by mindflipper » Feb Tue 08, 2011 9:22 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:
MW1218 wrote:Zero!! It's today!!! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Have fun! I'm jealous!

I'm at 11 days now and time is still going so slowly!
I'm jealous of both of you right now...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 08, 2011 11:17 am

MW1218 wrote:Zero!! It's today!!! :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
YAY! Hope you have a great time :D

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1622
Joined: Dec Mon 06, 2004 7:25 pm
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Contact:

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by spaulo » Feb Thu 10, 2011 4:09 pm

67 hours, 50 minutes until the pickup to the airport!
~Steve

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Thu 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Single digits!! Finally! Last night I did my online check in for POFQ and we totally changed our dining reservations all around. :lol:

And I'm coming down with a cold. :( Hoping to get over this really quickly!!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Post Reply