December 2017 at WDW

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alacrity
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Posts: 290
Joined: Jul Fri 25, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Alacrity » Apr Mon 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Yep, real cold, but rarely! We've also been in shorts and Hawaiian shirts! It's usally somewhere between! Cool in the mornings, warmer during the day and cooling in the evening.

These were from 2010! Probably the same cold spell that Amy and Mom encountered!

Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Haha, yup, you look a bit chilly there. But happy, because you're at WDW! :mrgreen:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Amy don't be down on yourself. We don't think about temperature scales. I was doing an energy audit the other day and said to the kids that we will use the Fahrenheit scale because that's what HVAC specialists use. Otherwise, we'd call them and say how hot it is indoors, something is wrong, it's 35 degrees! :lol:

I think I thought it was funnier than the kids did.

January 2010 was pretty cold, too. We were at WDW near the end of the month, and just a couple weeks prior it had been very cold (for Florida) and much of the foliage on trees and other plants was dead.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 25, 2017 6:42 am

cy1229 wrote:Amy don't be down on yourself. We don't think about temperature scales. I was doing an energy audit the other day and said to the kids that we will use the Fahrenheit scale because that's what HVAC specialists use. Otherwise, we'd call them and say how hot it is indoors, something is wrong, it's 35 degrees! :lol:

I think I thought it was funnier than the kids did.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cy1229 wrote:January 2010 was pretty cold, too. We were at WDW near the end of the month, and just a couple weeks prior it had been very cold (for Florida) and much of the foliage on trees and other plants was dead.
:(

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 119
Joined: Feb Sat 02, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by I am Sulley » Apr Wed 26, 2017 4:23 pm

As we will be leaving our house at around 6:30 am for the airport on an English December morning then I am sure we will be wearing woolly jumpers and coats. If we pack the hat & gloves just in case then we should be fine. I suppose like all trips if we check the weather forecast before we go we can pack accordingly. I guess unlike here the weather doesn't change quite so dramatically.

But maybe we won't get that late night swim like we did last time :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 26, 2017 9:45 pm

I am Sulley wrote:As we will be leaving our house at around 6:30 am for the airport on an English December morning then I am sure we will be wearing woolly jumpers and coats. If we pack the hat & gloves just in case then we should be fine. I suppose like all trips if we check the weather forecast before we go we can pack accordingly. I guess unlike here the weather doesn't change quite so dramatically.

But maybe we won't get that late night swim like we did last time :(
The way the weather patterns have been, I wouldn't count on that weather not changing part :shock: Hopefully it will be temperate enough for you to get a swim in while you're visiting. There is just something so fun about being able to swim outside in the winter months when you come from a cold climate! :goofy_bounce:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by cy1229 » Apr Wed 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Also, remember the pools are heated. So, the swim will be fine. The getting out part could be a bit frosty, though.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 119
Joined: Feb Sat 02, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by I am Sulley » Apr Thu 27, 2017 3:42 pm

cy1229 wrote:Also, remember the pools are heated. So, the swim will be fine. The getting out part could be a bit frosty, though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep That could be the issue Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 119
Joined: Feb Sat 02, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by I am Sulley » May Mon 01, 2017 2:41 pm

I am certainly not a food person (fussy) :roll: so have no massive desire to try many of the different foods available at WDW. I like my food simple although my wife enjoys her food more than I do. Having said that something which has caught my eye is The Hoop-De-Do and The Spirit of Aloha. Both offer something a bit unusual with the entertainment without me having to feel that I have wasted my money on food I didn't particularly enjoy. It may be a bit much to do both.
Has anyone any experiences?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Amy » May Mon 01, 2017 8:45 pm

I am Sulley wrote:I am certainly not a food person (fussy) :roll: so have no massive desire to try many of the different foods available at WDW. I like my food simple although my wife enjoys her food more than I do. Having said that something which has caught my eye is The Hoop-De-Do and The Spirit of Aloha. Both offer something a bit unusual with the entertainment without me having to feel that I have wasted my money on food I didn't particularly enjoy. It may be a bit much to do both.
Has anyone any experiences?
I'm like you with food, but Figment and I did try the Hoop-Dee-Doo show several years ago and quite enjoyed it. It is a fun, high energy show and the food was pretty good as I recall. I've never been to the other show, but I've heard good things about it. It is worth reading the reviews about the Hoop-Dee-Doo seating though as it sounds like some of the cheaper seats are not very good :(

SuperSonic
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver
Posts: 1
Joined: May Wed 31, 2017 4:08 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by SuperSonic » Jun Thu 01, 2017 4:03 am

I'm going with my family( Wife and 3 children) in summer time ( late August) so we can spend nice holiday in lovely weather. I know winter is cold so that's why you have to take clothes to keep you warm. Good luck and enjoy your trip .Live casino spel
Last edited by SuperSonic on Jul Sun 30, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 01, 2017 7:56 am

SuperSonic wrote:I'm going with my family( Wife and 3 children) in summer time ( late August) so we can spend nice holiday in lovely weather. I know winter is cold so that's why you have to take clothes to keep you warm. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Have you been to Florida in August? I would rather go to Florida in January and wear every piece of clothing in my closet to stay warm (if I have to, because lately the winter months have been pretty warm) than go in August :lol: But I'm sure you'll have a lovely time because you'll be at WDW after all ;)

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 119
Joined: Feb Sat 02, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by I am Sulley » Jun Wed 28, 2017 3:30 pm

June has almost gone and with it came the email from Walt Disney Travel Company reminding us to make our meal bookings.
We had gone away for my birthday for a long weekend so were a few days under the 180 days. That sure made a difference at such a busy time.
Although it took a bit of juggling we have got most things we wanted, but sadly we have missed out on Be Our Guest. :( That was fully booked by the time we got to it. Some people must be ready for that clock to tick over so they can book.
Maybe we can see if there is any space when we are there by just walking up?

Missing one thing won't spoil things. We are finding it difficult not to talk about it everyday now the meals are booked.
WDW at Christmas time. It is all so exciting
:ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 28, 2017 7:28 pm

I am Sulley wrote:June has almost gone and with it came the email from Walt Disney Travel Company reminding us to make our meal bookings.
We had gone away for my birthday for a long weekend so were a few days under the 180 days. That sure made a difference at such a busy time.
Although it took a bit of juggling we have got most things we wanted, but sadly we have missed out on Be Our Guest. :( That was fully booked by the time we got to it. Some people must be ready for that clock to tick over so they can book.
Maybe we can see if there is any space when we are there by just walking up?

Missing one thing won't spoil things. We are finding it difficult not to talk about it everyday now the meals are booked.
WDW at Christmas time. It is all so exciting
:ccat:
Just keep checking every day for BOG ressies. There will almost surely be some that open up. We faced the same dilemma of everything being booked up before we went, and we were making reservations just a few months out. I just kept checking and had various times and dates open up over time. People book everything and then have to make up their minds as their trip draws nearer. You might want to consider checking with the concierge at your hotel if you aren't able to find anything before your trip. An yes, it wouldn't hurt to walk up and check. Dinner will probably be the hardest to get a walk up for I would think.

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 119
Joined: Feb Sat 02, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Wirral, UK

Re: December 2017 at WDW

Post by I am Sulley » Oct Sun 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Fast Pass selections made.
I suppose we just sit and wait now. Gosh that makes it sound so boring :?

But its not! We are starting to get just a little bit excited :D

Post Reply