Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 07, 2015 7:18 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Arrived safely at O'hare - Chicago is very, very foggy. Hope flights are going out on time!
Go get a bag of Garrett's popcorn, maybe a Jamba juice, and sit down and relax. Not much more you can do now. Are you flying United? They're pretty good about trying to get you out. If you haven't already, sign up for text alerts for your flight status, or to have them call you. You'll get updates faster than what's posted at the gate.
The popcorn did smell very good when we went by that kiosk - not sure if it was Garretts or not. We were on Delta and have arrived safe and sound in Orlando...a mere 12 hours after leaving our house. Can't complain really, were safe, most of the Delta people we dealt with were super friendly and we are in the Magical express at this very moment! Not sure if the parks will be in the cards tonight. Figment definitely is ready for some sleep and I'm ready for a shower - lots of geeky spaces today :shock:
Oh, I have to mention the Disney agent I talked with this morning when I realized we would be late checking in to the hotel. After each statement she would sort of giggle, just like Minnie Mouse! :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by cy1229 » Dec Mon 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Arrived safely at O'hare - Chicago is very, very foggy. Hope flights are going out on time!
Go get a bag of Garrett's popcorn, maybe a Jamba juice, and sit down and relax. Not much more you can do now. Are you flying United? They're pretty good about trying to get you out. If you haven't already, sign up for text alerts for your flight status, or to have them call you. You'll get updates faster than what's posted at the gate.
The popcorn did smell very good when we went by that kiosk - not sure if it was Garretts or not. We were on Delta and have arrived safe and sound in Orlando...a mere 12 hours after leaving our house. Can't complain really, were safe, most of the Delta people we dealt with were super friendly and we are in the Magical express at this very moment! Not sure if the parks will be in the cards tonight. Figment definitely is ready for some sleep and I'm ready for a shower - lots of geeky spaces today :shock:
Oh, I have to mention the Disney agent I talked with this morning when I realized we would be late checking in to the hotel. After each statement she would sort of giggle, just like Minnie Mouse! :lol:
Delta takes good care of their customers, too! Hooray!

I know at least one of those "geeky" spaces you were in. Eew. :shock: :lol:

HAVE FUN!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

ImagineerWannabe
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 233
Joined: Aug Fri 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: N of the 49th

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Dec Mon 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Glad you finally made it! I agree about it being a great December, no snow here either. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Germy, not geeky spaces! :lol: oh yeah, I'll have to figure out whether that is a forum safe story or not, certainly good for a laugh anyhow.
We were rewarded with a spectacular sunset on our descent into Orlando. The ME ride was uneventful and we were even serenaded by one of the drivers while we were waiting to leave. There the happy story becomes more one like the morning problems. For at least the third trip, the accommodations were not as requested/promised :( All props to the Disney CMs for working toward a solution but there isn't one to be had tonight sadly. And with the 2 hours spent on that, plus the 13+ hour travel day, we are missing a whole day in the parks :( waiting at the concierge desk where they are checking on whether anything can be done with that (we did get the travel insurance), and then we have to contact the ECV rental company about the fact that the scooter they provided for Figment looks like it has been used in more than one crash ECV derby!
Onward and upward, hoping for a great, early start in EPCOT in the morning and a resolution to the room situation!

EDIT: The concierge was very accommodating and each have a one day park hopper ticket to use on a future trip. From what I could see her write on the ticket, it was more in response to the room problem than the airline delays, but in any case, I am happy with that resolution :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by cy1229 » Dec Tue 08, 2015 11:40 am

I'm glad they gave you a day. Kinda doesn't matter why, just as long as you didn't have a wasted day that you'd paid for. :)

Maybe the ECV company is anticipating Figment engaging in a little "bumper derby" of her own? :lol:

HAVE FUN TODAY!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 08, 2015 10:38 pm

cy1229 wrote:I'm glad they gave you a day. Kinda doesn't matter why, just as long as you didn't have a wasted day that you'd paid for. :)

Maybe the ECV company is anticipating Figment engaging in a little "bumper derby" of her own? :lol:

HAVE FUN TODAY!
Figment has actually been a very good driver for her first day back in the scooter - and the crowds are pretty heavy and self absorbed as far as watching for others around them. Know those last minute jerky stops are no fun for her :(

Today was a much better day :)
Last edited by Amy on Jan Wed 06, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 09, 2015 1:06 am

Day 2 ~ long day, but in a good way unlike Day 1. The big problem? The Zeppoli di Caterina at Via Napoli, that I have been longing for since the last trip 4 years ago, and so looking forward to with this trip that I made 2 reservations at Via Napoli, are not on the menu at the moment as they have "special" desserts :shock: :( Both Figment and I were very disappointed. But some lucky soul will be very happy as I cancelled our second reservation for next week and now they can eat there!
Ugh, time for bed, it's after 1 and I'm hoping to get a bit earlier start tomorrow.
The plan ~ DHS/MK

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 10, 2015 11:37 am

Turns out, the grey stuff IS delicious!! :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by cy1229 » Dec Thu 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Amy wrote:Turns out, the grey stuff IS delicious!! :lol:
Pics or it never happened. :P :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 10, 2015 11:10 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Turns out, the grey stuff IS delicious!! :lol:
Pics or it never happened. :P :lol:
Oh you know I documented it ~ when you'll see that documentation is another story entirely ;) :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Day 4 teaser ~ had the front desk and the landscaping/grounds crew knocking on the door tonight a little after 10. Want to know why? You'll have to wait and find out :twisted:

ImagineerWannabe
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 233
Joined: Aug Fri 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: N of the 49th

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Dec Fri 11, 2015 7:38 pm

GRRR!!! Don't keep us in suspense! *chanting* Spill! Spill! Spill! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 11, 2015 11:20 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:GRRR!!! Don't keep us in suspense! *chanting* Spill! Spill! Spill! :D
Oh no, you'll have to wait for the TR!
(that way I will feel more compelled to complete it in a timely fashion so I don't leave people hanging :lol: )
Oh, and this was one of the things wewantsdaredhead and NaCler both wanted to know shortly after we met up ~ "Tell us what happened!" :lol:
The rest of you will still have to wait... :twisted:
Last edited by Amy on Jan Wed 06, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Amy wrote:
ImagineerWannabe wrote:GRRR!!! Don't keep us in suspense! *chanting* Spill! Spill! Spill! :D
Oh no, you'll have to wait for the TR!
(that way I will feel more compelled to complete it in a timely fashion so I don't leave people hanging :lol: )
Image
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4924
Joined: Feb Thu 12, 2004 5:08 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by subsonic » Jan Tue 05, 2016 3:15 pm

These posts need likes :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Post Reply