Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 04, 2015 9:17 am

Hi All -

I just was able to make breakfast reservations for Be Our Guest in October! I'm so excited! Our reservations are for 9:25am and I'm wondering how early they let you enter the park? I know it officially opens at 9:00am, but I'm wondering if I should try to get a reservation for 8:50am (that was open when I last looked) so that we would be able to get into the park before it was open.

Thoughts? Ideas? Experiences?

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 97
Joined: Nov Tue 07, 2006 10:43 am

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by sfein » Aug Tue 04, 2015 12:42 pm

I just attended Wild Animal Trek at Animal Kingdom. The park opened at 9am, trek was for 8am. We got there at 7:30 and had to wait for someone to get us at around 7:45. While waiting there was a group there going to Tusker House for breakfast. Same thing they waited for a someone to come and then everyone went in a little before 8. So guessing MK would be the same. In my opinion, if they offer a time, take it. They'll get you in. And, there's nothing like walking through an empty park. You can even grab a quick pic with no one in you way. In my case, the tree, but for you, the castle.

BTW, had dinner at Be Our Guest. If breakfast is as good, you will not be dissappointed, especially if you have B&B fans.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 04, 2015 1:49 pm

sfein wrote:I just attended Wild Animal Trek at Animal Kingdom. The park opened at 9am, trek was for 8am. We got there at 7:30 and had to wait for someone to get us at around 7:45. While waiting there was a group there going to Tusker House for breakfast. Same thing they waited for a someone to come and then everyone went in a little before 8. So guessing MK would be the same. In my opinion, if they offer a time, take it. They'll get you in. And, there's nothing like walking through an empty park. You can even grab a quick pic with no one in you way. In my case, the tree, but for you, the castle.

BTW, had dinner at Be Our Guest. If breakfast is as good, you will not be dissappointed, especially if you have B&B fans.
Thanks so much! I did end up cancelling the 9:25am reservation and grabbing the 8:50am. I figure, if we get there at 8:30, they will let us in close to that. I am definitely looking forward to entering the MK with few others and enjoying some amazing people-less pictures!

So good to hear about BOG! I've been trying like mad to get reservations, but unable until this morning. I was on the phone with Disney Dining yesterday and they said they were going to open breakfast reservations soon, and she was right!
Breakfast is probably the best time too for our group since we have four little ones (6, 3, 1, 5 mos), so morning is when they are at their happiest! haha Thanks!

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 49
Joined: Aug Mon 31, 2009 6:02 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Tue 04, 2015 2:14 pm

I managed to snag reservations for breakfast in October at Be Our Guest too! 8:35 am for five of us (my in-laws, husband, daughter and myself). I'm looking forward to seeing Cinderella's castle without crowds as much as I'm looking forward to the restaurant itself, LOL! Since my daughter is 4 and loves Beauty and the Beast and I just discovered my mother-in-law is also a big fan, it should be a big hit for all of us!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:I managed to snag reservations for breakfast in October at Be Our Guest too! 8:35 am for five of us (my in-laws, husband, daughter and myself). I'm looking forward to seeing Cinderella's castle without crowds as much as I'm looking forward to the restaurant itself, LOL! Since my daughter is 4 and loves Beauty and the Beast and I just discovered my mother-in-law is also a big fan, it should be a big hit for all of us!
Awesome! We will be there on October 15th! There will be 10 of us! It will be my little man's first trip to Disney. He will be 15 months when we go. He already loves Mickey & Frozen, so I can only imagine him taking in all of the sights and sounds! Can't wait!

Definitely excited for the breakfast food there as well. I hope they still serve the grey stuff!

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 97
Joined: Nov Tue 07, 2006 10:43 am

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by sfein » Aug Tue 04, 2015 3:24 pm

I reserved dinner in Feb for our July trip. That was the max it would do. I went to the last day they would allow and was still only able to get 9pm reservation. It's tough. OTOH, the gray stuff was delicious.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 05, 2015 9:16 am

sfein wrote:I reserved dinner in Feb for our July trip. That was the max it would do. I went to the last day they would allow and was still only able to get 9pm reservation. It's tough. OTOH, the gray stuff was delicious.
I don't think they serve the gray stuff for breakfast. :-(

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 49
Joined: Aug Mon 31, 2009 6:02 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Wed 05, 2015 1:22 pm

:( No grey stuff on the breakfast menu

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 97
Joined: Nov Tue 07, 2006 10:43 am

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by sfein » Aug Wed 05, 2015 1:39 pm

That's too bad. One thing I liked was they didn't let you try the full dessert, but they did bring out enough for each person at the table to get a small spoonful before ordering desert to see if you wanted it. I had already planned on getting it anyway, but it was nice to let everyone try first so they could order what they wanted but still say they had some.

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 49
Joined: Aug Mon 31, 2009 6:02 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Wed 05, 2015 1:49 pm

I was disappointed that I won't be able to try the grey stuff this trip, but after spending a stupid amount of time checking for a dinner spot to open during our October trip, I think I'll be happy with breakfast this time. Maybe dinner next trip. I only once had a table appear, but it was for something like 9pm. Between my almost 4 year old, an insulin dependent diabetic mother-in-law and a diet controlled diabetic father-in-law, that simply wouldn't work for us. Both my husband and I were so sad to let the opportunity go though, in the past we've gone with just us, so we ate at all kinds of weird hours no problem.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 05, 2015 2:03 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:I was disappointed that I won't be able to try the grey stuff this trip, but after spending a stupid amount of time checking for a dinner spot to open during our October trip, I think I'll be happy with breakfast this time. Maybe dinner next trip. I only once had a table appear, but it was for something like 9pm. Between my almost 4 year old, an insulin dependent diabetic mother-in-law and a diet controlled diabetic father-in-law, that simply wouldn't work for us. Both my husband and I were so sad to let the opportunity go though, in the past we've gone with just us, so we ate at all kinds of weird hours no problem.
Totally understand!
I've also been trying so hard for at least lunch or dinner reservations for our October trip (even exactly at 180 days!) and nothing! :/ Oh well, I do think breakfast will be a neat experience. And getting into the park early will also be fun.

Since my family goes every year, it is fun to be able to try a new experience every time to keep the magic going! Very much looking forward to this experience. I hope we get to eat in the ballroom!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18465
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:I was disappointed that I won't be able to try the grey stuff this trip, but after spending a stupid amount of time checking for a dinner spot to open during our October trip, I think I'll be happy with breakfast this time. Maybe dinner next trip. I only once had a table appear, but it was for something like 9pm. Between my almost 4 year old, an insulin dependent diabetic mother-in-law and a diet controlled diabetic father-in-law, that simply wouldn't work for us. Both my husband and I were so sad to let the opportunity go though, in the past we've gone with just us, so we ate at all kinds of weird hours no problem.
You might ask nicely while you are ordering if you can try a small serving of the grey stuff ~ the worst they can do is say no. Traveling with someone who needs to eat at certain times makes it a bit more of a challenge. Just the difference of schedule can throw their blood sugars all out of whack. And a 9 pm dinner could be a definite problem!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Amy wrote:
Captainnobeard wrote:I was disappointed that I won't be able to try the grey stuff this trip, but after spending a stupid amount of time checking for a dinner spot to open during our October trip, I think I'll be happy with breakfast this time. Maybe dinner next trip. I only once had a table appear, but it was for something like 9pm. Between my almost 4 year old, an insulin dependent diabetic mother-in-law and a diet controlled diabetic father-in-law, that simply wouldn't work for us. Both my husband and I were so sad to let the opportunity go though, in the past we've gone with just us, so we ate at all kinds of weird hours no problem.
You might ask nicely while you are ordering if you can try a small serving of the grey stuff ~ the worst they can do is say no. Traveling with someone who needs to eat at certain times makes it a bit more of a challenge. Just the difference of schedule can throw their blood sugars all out of whack. And a 9 pm dinner could be a definite problem!
Such a good idea! I never thought of that! And definitely worth the ask!

I'm going to put a note in my phone to hopefully remind me to ask! Thanks!!!! :goofy_bounce:

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 49
Joined: Aug Mon 31, 2009 6:02 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Wed 05, 2015 4:31 pm

:D That is definitely a good idea, Amy! I'll have to ask also

ImagineerWannabe
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 233
Joined: Aug Fri 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: N of the 49th

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Aug Tue 11, 2015 5:08 pm

On my trip last winter we were let into MK about 10 mins before 8am, the time of my breakfast reservation. The park opened at 9am. Hopefully they let you in a bit earlier than 10 mins before your reservation time.

I've been trying to get lunch reservations at Be Our Guest for November. There's only 2 of us, but no luck yet. My trip is 97 days away and breakfast reservations seem to have been available long enough for everything to be taken :( I'll keep checking but was disappointed since the website said breakfast is available for booking 90 days ahead, so I figured I'd be back from vacation in time to stay up late and get one.

Post Reply