Post COVID Park Policies

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post COVID Park Policies

Post by horizons1 » May Tue 12, 2020 12:18 pm

I was just watching the Shanghai Disneyland videos posted on Youtube (find them on Screamscape http://www.screamscape.com/html/shanghai_disneyland.htm) and I have to say, first off, I am sooooo excited to see "Today's Park Hours 9:00 - 7:30" instead of "closed". Woo hoo. Anyway, watching the video I am wondering how cooperative guests will be in following these guidelines, especially around spacing in queues and for parades. I think in Japan, people are generally well-disciplined when attending the parks so I predict it will work well if implemented there. Shanghai has some history with line-jumping and other bad guest behavior, so maybe limiting attendance will help. But in the US, I think we Americans suck at following instructions. It's gonna be chaos. The sheer number of cast members needed to keep people following the rules is going to make the entire effort very costly.

What do you think?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Post COVID Park Policies

Post by Amy » May Wed 13, 2020 5:49 am

I have to agree with you horizons1 ~ the same thought popped into my head. The Japan parks are so orderly, and people tend to be polite. The other parks, particularly the US parks, especially the Florida ones, are not. It will be interesting as it all unfolds. But it is is encouraging some progress is being made toward safely opening the parks!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » May Sat 16, 2020 1:56 pm

I'd like to ask a stupid question. They're reopening Disney Springs, particularly the restaurants, but are requiring people to wear masks. Aren't people going to be taking masks off to eat? For staff, sure fine, do whatever they're comfortable with, but as a diner, coming to eat dinner, I expect I'd be drinking water or eating pretty much the entire time I'm there. Maybe I'm missing how this is supposed to work.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 17, 2020 9:05 am

Not a stupid question. I've seen it asked more than once before here and there in the last few weeks since things started opening back up. I'm thinking while you're waiting, but otherwise yeah, it would be silly to put on/take off/put on/take off mask the entire time in a restaurant. You would be more likely to contaminate yourself by all the touching. And where do you place the mask when it is off your face? My personal thoughts are as long as masks are required in public, I won't be eating inside anywhere because it doesn't make sense. Of course, I don't really eat out anyhow, so it's not really a sacrifice for me. I'm not sure what I would do at Disney. I had the thought yesterday that I wouldn't fare well in the heat, but if I had the choice of being at Disney with a mask on, rather than not being there with no mask, I would take Disney every time!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Mon 18, 2020 10:40 am

In Shanghai they said the servers would have masks but guests will not be required to wear them "while dining" so, yeah, presumably they will wear them until their food arrives.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.