Hiton Head not Home Resort

Discussion of Non-U.S. Disney Parks

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 182
Joined: Feb Sun 22, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Maryland

Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by cinderella75 » Jan Mon 09, 2012 6:28 pm

So, Im trying to make reservations at Disney's Hilton Head. The Rep asks me is Hilton Head my home. I say no its Saratoga Springs. The Rep asks me what dates am I looking at. I tell her Aug 4th to Aug 12th. I tell her im paying cash for the 4th. The rep says ok you have that day but I have to be on a waiting for the rest of my week. Im mad about that because basically I have nothing booked but one day. All because Hilton Head is not my home resort. My prob with all this is I will basically will never vacation there. I dont think that is fair at all :twisted: , but the rep tells me if I pay for the week in cash I can have my week. I told her I dont have that kind of money :( How am I going to have the chance to stay there?? So, im on a waiting list and now have to figure out a back up plan :evil: :twisted:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)
Image

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb Fri 20, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Mon 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Being a DVC member it really bothers me that this rule actually keeps us from being able to book different vacations until 7 months out. "Unless you pay cash" Then why be in the DVC one of Disneys selling points of the DVC is that you can go to different destinations around the world. Well I find that is a load of crap, as soon as you try to book somewhere else you are told that you must wait or pay out right. Disney should come up with a exception maybe once every 3 years you can book a year in advance to a resort that isnt your "home" resort. It is extremely frustrating trying to book a vacation anywhere else! only to be told you are on a waiting list what is that? NOTHING, so you must book a backup and wait in limbo hoping you get the resort. But dont try book airfare or travel plans because it could change then what do you do? VERY FRUSTRATING! :evil: :twisted:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!
Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Gosh, I had never heard this before. That is sort of strange...did they tell you how long you have to be on the wait list before you can actually book. There are just too many rules and regulations for me to ever think about buying into the DVC ~ of course I also don't have the money or income to qualify so that is probably good that I have decided against becoming a member ;) :lol:
Good luck cinderella75, hopefully there are some DVC members on here that can help you out!

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 182
Joined: Feb Sun 22, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by cinderella75 » Jan Tue 10, 2012 7:48 am

Amy wrote:Gosh, I had never heard this before. That is sort of strange...did they tell you how long you have to be on the wait list before you can actually book. There are just too many rules and regulations for me to ever think about buying into the DVC ~ of course I also don't have the money or income to qualify so that is probably good that I have decided against becoming a member ;) :lol:
Good luck cinderella75, hopefully there are some DVC members on here that can help you out!
I was trying to book Aug 5th to Aug 8th. They didnt have the 5th and 7th available. But they had the 6th and 8th. So they put me on a waiting list. I will be on this list till 7days before my arrival date. So, my trip is in limbo :evil: I became a member to make it alot easier to afford vacations. For the most part it works as long as your going to WDW and staying at your home resort because you can book 11 months out. If not your home you have to book 7 months out.

We are trying to work out a back up plan :twisted: Planing a vaca is suppose to be fun and exciting till I make the call :( :pluto: :wave:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 10, 2012 8:13 am

cinderella75 wrote:
Amy wrote:Gosh, I had never heard this before. That is sort of strange...did they tell you how long you have to be on the wait list before you can actually book. There are just too many rules and regulations for me to ever think about buying into the DVC ~ of course I also don't have the money or income to qualify so that is probably good that I have decided against becoming a member ;) :lol:
Good luck cinderella75, hopefully there are some DVC members on here that can help you out!
I was trying to book Aug 5th to Aug 8th. They didnt have the 5th and 7th available. But they had the 6th and 8th. So they put me on a waiting list. I will be on this list till 7days before my arrival date. So, my trip is in limbo :evil: I became a member to make it alot easier to afford vacations. For the most part it works as long as your going to WDW and staying at your home resort because you can book 11 months out. If not your home you have to book 7 months out.

We are trying to work out a back up plan :twisted: Planing a vaca is suppose to be fun and exciting till I make the call :( :pluto: :wave:
You won't find out until a week before you are supposed to arrive?! That is crazy!! :shock:

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 247
Joined: Feb Fri 20, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Tue 10, 2012 6:40 pm

This is the only real problem I have found with the DVC! When trying to book a resort that isnt your home can be extremely tough and frustrating! But we got lucky and did get the week we where trying to get at Hilton Head! We are very happy, just makes you nervous being on a waiting list. :donald: :)
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!
Image
Image

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 182
Joined: Feb Sun 22, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by cinderella75 » Jan Tue 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Well, we finally got a week at Hilton Head. We had to push it back one week and my sister booked with me. So, at the end it worked out. Also, this vaca is going to be extra exciting because we are taking Nala, Simba and Chulo and they are going to be boarded at a nearby kennel. We are going to take them out for a day here and there to take them to the doggie beaches and parks. :pluto: :figment: :wave:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)
Image

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 357
Joined: Apr Sat 21, 2012 7:18 am
Location: Yorktown,Virginia

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 5:48 pm

sounds like the dvc is a pain and not worth looking into!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 8:20 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:sounds like the dvc is a pain and not worth looking into!!
I would guess it is slightly better than the average timeshare from what I've heard. I just don't get the whole timeshare concept really...they are way out of my price range anyhow so I suppose it doesn't matter...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Hiton Head not Home Resort

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 27, 2012 9:36 pm

I always call it "Real estate for stupid people" :D since you are buying a property but get limited use of it, get no equity from it, and locking in that you will only be taking disney vacations (with no promise that the options will improve each year). Considering that it is less of a room, in terms of services, than a normal guest would get and you still have to buy park tickets. That last part really makes it a sucker buy.

Post Reply