Hearing These Songs Outside of Subsonic and Disney

Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio

Moderator: Moderators

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jul Wed 09, 2008 11:26 am

Captain Schnemo wrote:I had the opposite experience in the Wilderness Lodge...I was walking through the lobby and suddenly I thought, "Hey...Silverado!".
Ha Ha!...Silverado...i made my wife watch that the other day, told her it was an awesome movie. guess i didn't learn my lesson from Krull. My daughter was wondering how i could have such good and yet so bad taste in movies. i had to explain to her how for its time...it was cutting edge and awesome. well looks like some movies just cant' make the classic list. Anywho. Wilderness Lodge is pleseant, being from Wyoming it does remind me of Old Faithful Inn. but... at Old Faithful they usually have a guy playing Piano once in a while. Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are two of my favorites.

Anyone hang out at Epcot in the World Showcase in the Morning? its a great time to hear the music with little interference...cause everyone is running to the Princess Breakfast or Soarin/Test Track etc. (that would be a cool ride...combine Soarin with Test Track...fly out of the building and loop back.)
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Wed 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Croaker wrote: Anyone hang out at Epcot in the World Showcase in the Morning? its a great time to hear the music with little interference...
It is my favorite time at EPCOT. In fact I just love going to EPCOT to stroll around World Showcase. It's like a cheap world tour, and I can do it in a day.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jul Tue 15, 2008 9:37 pm

I was on a cruise and I heard one of the tomorrowland area songs. It was the water one.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

IMFearless

Post by IMFearless » Jul Wed 16, 2008 9:05 am

Anyone been to a little place called Cedar Point in the last couple of years? Their newest coaster, Maverick, is a western-ish themed (as much as CP themes, which isn't much) launch coaster. The queue is partially-enclosed. Now, remember this is western-themed (the area is called "Frontier Town").
Every so often the main theme from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie plays in the background. <_<
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Oct Mon 06, 2008 1:17 am

Anyone seen the 90s movie "Emma" (Gwenyth Paltrow...based off a Jane Austen book)? One of the Soarin' tracks is the main theme music from that movie.
:nemo:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 07, 2008 1:05 am

I recently heard Celebration... I forget if it was on TV or on the radio, but I just immediately thought it was time for Block Party Bash.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

jenhen27
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenhen27 » Oct Tue 07, 2008 8:42 am

Figment, they play a lot of movie soundtrack music in the Soarin queue. I'm not sure why though. But I've heard music from the soundtrack for Emma and The Medicine Man. I think it might be a Miramax thing? Maybe that's where the Last of the Mohicans music is played.

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Oct Tue 07, 2008 10:20 am

I was in a small shopping centre in Blackpool last year and suddenly noticed what the music playing under the "offers of the day" announcement was. It was the Fantasmic! exit music.

There's an ad currently running on UK television (I think it's for Homebase (a DIY store), but I can't remember exactly right now) that uses the title music from Disney's Robin Hood, but that's not park music..

Andy.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Tue 07, 2008 1:49 pm

I know in Ocean's Eleven towards the end where most of the cast is standing in front of the Bellagio fountains, part of the music from Impressions de France plays in the background.

Also, I just heard this one recently last night but the commercial for The Express movie has the Soarin' Over California queue playing in the background.
Last edited by elizabethswann on Oct Wed 08, 2008 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Oct Tue 07, 2008 7:12 pm

agingerbugg wrote:It wasn't on a radio station, but a few weeks ago I was driving home from work with my windows open and the car next to me was playing a song that sounded very familiar. I finally realized it was the Universe of Energy theme song. Alas, the light changed before I got a chance to ask him about it. It really caught me off guard, you don't hear that many people who listen to Disney music; I thought I was the only one with Disney mixes in my CD collection.
I listen to my Disney cd collection all the time. When a person pulls up along side of me with his/her rap music loud, I roll down my window and crank up "M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E". (I get alot of funny looks.) The color of my car is black pearl. So it's a must to have "The Pirates of the Caribbean" music in this car. I have not heard any Disney music on the radio. I realy would like to have that choice. Sorry, but I don't consider "Radio Disney" to be Disney music.

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Oct Tue 28, 2008 1:58 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I know in Ocean's Eleven towards the end where most of the cast is standing in front of the Bellagio fountains, part of the music from Impressions de France plays in the background.

That's Clair de Lune - it's a rather popular/common/famous piece of classical music. I think Impressions de France used several famous classical pieces in their score.

EPCOT in particular has a ton of works from outside the Mouse. A lot of Yani and stuff. Same thing with Tomorrowland I reckon. In fact the Behind the Waterfall track that the OP talks about is featured in Tomorrowland; I think it's on this site as just "Water." I don't know what made New Age sound so Futuristic to Disney but I like it :wink:

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Oct Wed 29, 2008 7:04 am

ericpabear wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:It wasn't on a radio station, but a few weeks ago I was driving home from work with my windows open and the car next to me was playing a song that sounded very familiar. I finally realized it was the Universe of Energy theme song. Alas, the light changed before I got a chance to ask him about it. It really caught me off guard, you don't hear that many people who listen to Disney music; I thought I was the only one with Disney mixes in my CD collection.
I listen to my Disney cd collection all the time. When a person pulls up along side of me with his/her rap music loud, I roll down my window and crank up "M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E". (I get alot of funny looks.) The color of my car is black pearl. So it's a must to have "The Pirates of the Caribbean" music in this car. I have not heard any Disney music on the radio. I realy would like to have that choice. Sorry, but I don't consider "Radio Disney" to be Disney music.
I do the same thing! My son and I will be singing Its A Small World and we get looks too! I have a sticker on my car that says I'd rather be in Disney along with a Mickey Mouse sticker on the other side of my car.

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Nov Sat 15, 2008 1:20 pm

This is quite a coincidence. This morning I was sanding the walls in my dining room and for some reason had the classical station on and the music from the Impressions movie in France came on. It took me a minute to place it but sure enough, that was it.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Sat 15, 2008 7:39 pm

kcarts wrote:This is quite a coincidence. This morning I was sanding the walls in my dining room and for some reason had the classical station on and the music from the Impressions movie in France came on. It took me a minute to place it but sure enough, that was it.
Not that great of a coincidence. As has been mentioned before somewhere in the forums, some of the music from Impressions de France is very well known music by French composers. If listening to a classical station that plays more popular music, you are very likely to hear something from the soundtrack sooner rather than later.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

zippa d doodah
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by zippa d doodah » Nov Mon 17, 2008 2:14 pm

It's not exlcusive to MK, but whenever I hear something from the MS USA loop my thoughts turn immediately to Disney World.